It was a.... good date. Be it a very 30+ one and spoiler, no sex.
She was better looking IRL, very fit and smart too. And we were comfortable from the start. I sat down next to her on the sofa and one of her cats immediately approved by jumping on my lap. She was a little more timid and introverted than she was on the app, took a little time before she made consistent eye contact.
We talked, drank some wine, hugged and kissed a little. I touched her leg from time to time, brushed hands.When I left she initiated a big hug. I could tell she appreciated no bad surprises from the stranger she invited. I even looked like the photos. That was a big plus for her. And she liked that I was so easy to talk to. I spend about 3 hours at her place.
Like most Dutch girls she's not one for romance but she was intrigued I was. In some ways we match well, she dislikes busy cities. Also misses the 90's vibe. In other ways we differ. She's saving for a camper van, I'd like romantic city trips. She made a good point that unlike French and Italian girls, Dutch girls don't learn romance and don’t know how to respond so they brush it off. She asked me what type of romantic things I would organize and the lighthouse, romantic beachwalk, dinner combo... well that actually appealed to her.
We left it at no pressure, we've gotten to know eachother and are going to see how it develops. If she's game for a second date, I'd like to ask her out to a romantic dinner. I could tell she liked standing next to or looking up at me, it made her a little nervous and she blushed because her head ends at my shoulders. The wine is a bit of a thing. She poured a lot into the glass but took only one. No kids seems like a definitive choice too, she mentioned another childless couple in passing. For long term that is something to consider but until I'm exclusive I won't stop dating her because of that unless she calls it off.
Overall objective achieved, IRL date before the end of March. She wasn't fat, crazy or ugly either.
It also confirmed for me that I'm ready to find a relationship but also that romance is important for me to kickstart anything 'real'.
She was better looking IRL, very fit and smart too. And we were comfortable from the start. I sat down next to her on the sofa and one of her cats immediately approved by jumping on my lap. She was a little more timid and introverted than she was on the app, took a little time before she made consistent eye contact.
We talked, drank some wine, hugged and kissed a little. I touched her leg from time to time, brushed hands.When I left she initiated a big hug. I could tell she appreciated no bad surprises from the stranger she invited. I even looked like the photos. That was a big plus for her. And she liked that I was so easy to talk to. I spend about 3 hours at her place.
Like most Dutch girls she's not one for romance but she was intrigued I was. In some ways we match well, she dislikes busy cities. Also misses the 90's vibe. In other ways we differ. She's saving for a camper van, I'd like romantic city trips. She made a good point that unlike French and Italian girls, Dutch girls don't learn romance and don’t know how to respond so they brush it off. She asked me what type of romantic things I would organize and the lighthouse, romantic beachwalk, dinner combo... well that actually appealed to her.
We left it at no pressure, we've gotten to know eachother and are going to see how it develops. If she's game for a second date, I'd like to ask her out to a romantic dinner. I could tell she liked standing next to or looking up at me, it made her a little nervous and she blushed because her head ends at my shoulders. The wine is a bit of a thing. She poured a lot into the glass but took only one. No kids seems like a definitive choice too, she mentioned another childless couple in passing. For long term that is something to consider but until I'm exclusive I won't stop dating her because of that unless she calls it off.
Overall objective achieved, IRL date before the end of March. She wasn't fat, crazy or ugly either.
It also confirmed for me that I'm ready to find a relationship but also that romance is important for me to kickstart anything 'real'.
2 users liked this post: