12-18-2025, 02:49 AM
(12-17-2025, 03:37 AM)simiansmarts wrote:(12-16-2025, 07:53 AM)Polident wrote: Looking in some electronics shops, and considering the current exchange rates, the Switch 2 Pro controller is about $25 cheaper here. May buy one for when I travel home for holidays.I'm not the biggest fan of roguelikes but I'm enjoying the DLC enough to come back for the monthly events to get the new statues. It's a pure score-attack mode through and through.
From my brief research, they still don’t use a USB C standard for docking. So I can’t leave my dock in America and use my Steam Deck one here. The Switch 1 dock won’t work either. That’s a shame.
From what I understand, Japanese Switch 2 games play fine in American systems. And again taking advantage of the exchange rate, they’re quite a bit cheaper.
Is the Donkey Kong DLC worth it?
Thanks. Maybe not my type of thing. I’m assuming for Japanese games I buy, I’ll need the DLC from here. Future purchases that’s a consideration.
Not sure if it is the same elsewhere, but digital codes for games are sometimes the equivalent of $5 to $10 cheaper. I’m sticking with carts if there are any cross regional shenanigans. I know that I can’t buy a Nintendo Online code here and have it work with my American account.
Anyway, I think Zelda Echoes, Kirby Forgotten, Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart is a good list.
1 user liked this post: