Any thoughts on Starfleet Academy? Going in I expected it to be Riverdale with Star Trek and I was pretty close. Not as extreme as Riverdale, but definitely that young adult edgy vibe. Anyway I think it's passable, but it's still modern Trek, tons of action, quips, and easter eggs. It does have it's slow moments though. If you don't like Discovery or SNW, then you'll probably not like this. I just really hate how modern Trek looks, especially this one. Like why is every thing yellow?
Just some character thoughts, no plot spoilers.
Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide)
Anyway it was nice seeing Joe again, definitely one of the highlights of the show even though he didn't have that many scenes. Darem just looks like Wesley Crusher if stopped studying all the time and worked on his gains. I liked the first officer. I thought she was going to be lame, but I liked how she put Caleb in his place. I thought Sam was an autistic character at first and I kind of groaned, but they're just a preppy hologram....ok? I don't see that character getting much development, but we'll see. The captain/chancellor is a Lanthanite, so that's why she's weird. I guess that entire species acts like they're on LSD all the time. Caleb is just the smart, lovable asshole who'll probably start resonating with Starfleet's ideals later on, so he's fine. I just think Caleb's backstory is dumb. He could have spent 15 years with a nice foster family and still would have seen his mom. Unless I'm misremembering, she had visitation rights.