I wonder about situations like that, they read her her rights...should she have said, hey I'm really sorry, I don't mean to be a bother, but I am requesting a lawyer?
I keep seeing everywhere that you should never talk to cops, that in all cases it can only hurt you, but this was also a simple, quick, open-and-shut type thing and her cooperation may have smoothed things along, like they said, no charges were filed
but then again, at the time of questioning, you do not know what it's about, it could be asking about connection with a murder for all she knew, in which case you'd definitely want a lawyer present
I keep seeing everywhere that you should never talk to cops, that in all cases it can only hurt you, but this was also a simple, quick, open-and-shut type thing and her cooperation may have smoothed things along, like they said, no charges were filed
but then again, at the time of questioning, you do not know what it's about, it could be asking about connection with a murder for all she knew, in which case you'd definitely want a lawyer present
1 user liked this post: