07-04-2026, 08:05 PM
|
What Are You Playing?
|
|
07-13-2026, 11:58 PM
Playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Switch 2.
Still early in the game just about to start the Heist with the Street Kid arc. But I'm playing it more as a John Wick FPS game with special abilities with a focus on sliding and parkour and less like a stealth game like I did on PC. The game is way more fun this way. Just blasting mfers with revolvers and shotguns instead of trying to stay unnoticed and taking out a handful of goons with a silencer. It remains an incredible technical feat to see this running so well on such a small lower powered device. Gameplay wise I might even like it better in the Switch 2 form as it is less cluttered with random junk, objects and NPC's. 1 user liked this post: Polident
07-14-2026, 09:27 AM
okami on wii rules. the motion controls for the paint brush is brilliant
1 user liked this post: Nintex
07-15-2026, 01:56 AM
(07-13-2026, 11:58 PM)Nintex wrote: Playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Switch 2. I’m slowly playing through Cyberpunk now. Started on my desktop PC, where I could crank up setting to a reasonable degree (no full path tracing) and hit 80-90fps. The only time it struggled was in busy areas during a video call. The game is probably rendering that separately. I’m continuing it on my laptop. Had to turn everything way down but it still looks fine. My laptop fan is freaking out but that’s to be expected. Anyway, the game seems great. This is my first play though and reading how it was pre 2.0, each ripper doc has unique inventory. Clothing had stats. You couldn’t shoot while driving(???). In its current state I’m really liking it. Going stealth+magic hacking route. Still use pistols and knives but with overdrive, I can walk into an encounter and make three or four guys shut down by hacking their brains. The cyberpycho side quests are a joke. Hack their optics and then choke them out. 1 user liked this post: filler
07-15-2026, 10:43 AM
Making my way through Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel after finishing Borderlands 2. Up to the final boss now.
I honestly don't like either of these and Borderlands 2 was supposed to be the best one. People bitch about the writing in Borderlands 3, but the writing in Borderlands 2 was fucking awful as well. The Pre-Sequel actually had less annoying writing since not every line has to be a joke.
Cyberpunk’s sex scenes are very awkward and I don’t know if it is a video game thing or a Polish thing.
edit: going full wanted meter cyberpsycho is pretty cool. It's a joke until the last star when MaxTac shows up. Suddenly there's a runner trying to hack you, a sniper, a heavy, and a mantis blade dickhead rushing you. It actually does feel like that original teaser with the cyberpsycho chick where the cops are wholly ineffective against chromed out people. 3 users liked this post: saltygeneraltso, Nintex, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
07-30-2026, 07:04 PM
Still cleaning up the backlog since the game releases this year have mostly been shit. A friend picked up RE9 and we're playing that this weekend.
Finished Borderlands 3, which had the best gameplay of the ones I've played. The writing was shit, but I found it easier to tune out than the shit writing in Borderlands 2. Not as loud or as obnoxious. After that I finally played through MGS2 since I never finished that one. Can't say I liked it much. The Big Shell is kind of a boring place. Then made my way through the original Metal Gear. Only got Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake and Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel left to play through. I don't own Ghost Babel, but it's in the Vol 2 collection that's getting released soon.
08-04-2026, 03:02 PM
Splatoon Raiders fuckin rules
08-04-2026, 07:24 PM
Playing God of War 1 on Retroid Pocket 5
First time, this game is fun. About halfway through? I think 1 user liked this post: HardcoreRetro
08-05-2026, 07:19 AM
08-11-2026, 08:59 PM
Made some progress on Cyberpunk 2077 on Switch 2 lately.
The game has properly started and for some reason I like it better gameplay wise without as much "noise" and clutter as it had on PC? Without all the added objects and NPC's it's more easy to see what elements in the game are just filling up space and what actually matters. Plus I don't get stuck in the environment during combat as much. Maybe it's because they overhauled it but the pacing seems faster too and with the new progression and leveling systems it feels more like an action game / immersive sim than an ARPG. Strange how a game can feel so different after a bunch of patches and on a different platform.
08-12-2026, 12:31 AM
I messed with those Cyberpunk clutter settings on my weaker laptop. It is interesting. There is so much less traffic that driving is easier, but it loses the vibe of NC being this crowded oppressive shithole. Games never really had that level of traffic density. I don’t think GTA6 will do that either.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
09-23-2026, 05:42 PM
Making my way through Ocarina of Time 3D. Only finished the N64 version.
Just got through the water temple. With the iron boots on a button it's not that bad. 1 user liked this post: Nintex
09-23-2026, 09:49 PM
(08-12-2026, 12:31 AM)Polident wrote: I messed with those Cyberpunk clutter settings on my weaker laptop. It is interesting. There is so much less traffic that driving is easier, but it loses the vibe of NC being this crowded oppressive shithole. Games never really had that level of traffic density. I don’t think GTA6 will do that either. To me it seems more lore accurate. A city with gangs everywhere, polluted air and a nuclear crater wouldn't have bustling streets. Not to mention the "braindances" which allow you to experience everything in virtual reality.
09-27-2026, 05:56 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 06:01 PM by Besticus Maximus.)
Me and the missus absolutely smashed through Silent Hill Townfall at the weekend. It's my favourite game this year so far.
Also the best looking videogame i've ever seen tbh. Like it is bonkers bonkers bonkers realistic looking. 3 users liked this post: HardcoreRetro, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex
09-28-2026, 05:32 AM
Somehow won a 4v5 titan brawl (which almost never happens) despite the other team having a 100+k damage legion and our team makeup being pretty fucking stupid. And we did it with two ronins just swarming them from opposite flanks constantly. They were catching up just because we were down a man so I started waiting for something to draw their attention and then I'd attack on their backsides rather than pursuing random chaos:
![]() There's literally no reason this should have worked even with that zack guy except that they kept bunching up as a group and waiting for us to come. Which is basically what we wanted. Flanking in the two TF2's is really like no other game I've seen. Pyro in TF2 and Scorch/Ronin in TF2 is quite funny in how you can visibly see everyone panic and flee. When you get a whole side it's peak. Though in all the years of TF2 and TF2 it's rare to see teams that take advantage of someone creating chaos. You can do it, of course, in some other games but it's not the same because the probability is so low that you'll take out the entire team. But Pyro and Scorch can legitimately do it. That was one of the gains of the Backburner that nobody used back in the day in TF2, you lost the airburst that really wasn't as valuable as people treated it but if you instead focused on getting behind people it was all over. I slaughtered many an entire team at a chokepoint or trying to poosh de leetle cart. I'm sure Overwatch has somebody but: 1. Overwatch is lame. 2. Marvel Rivals is too sexualized, I'd have to stop to masturbate constantly. I like The Finals but don't like the smaller teams in that and lots of other stuff. Or Battle Royale in general, especially team BR. I have no idea why these took over the industry other than they seem to cater to streaming. There's something about the team makeup in TF2 (which titan brawl in the other TF2 is similar to) and asymmetrical multi-level play in TF2. Everyone else should be banned for not copying both. It's basically a gaming genocide. I'm so tired. 2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Polident
09-30-2026, 08:53 PM
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Runs and plays great on Switch 2. I also like the simplicity of it considering the far more complex stuff I'm playing and dealing with. 1 user liked this post: filler
10-01-2026, 11:50 AM
Since im not playing silent hill on my own im now on with Fire Emblem, which has shocked me with how much I like it considering its fire emblem animeeaboo bullshit. They've made it into a proper RPG now, get in.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
10-01-2026, 06:44 PM
It's the GOTY but I'm a little busy and can't pay full attention to it so I'll dive back in once things are chill.
10-01-2026, 11:26 PM
Played some more Tifa Fantasy 7 Remake. I never played the original much back in the day due to a lack of a PS1. Just bits and pieces that my friends played who wanted to show off their cool new summon or flashy attack or whatever. So it's a great new story and world to dive into. The backtracking skips to complete quests are a very nice feature. About 4 hours in, completed all the side quests in town with Tifa and I'm about to embark on what I think is the second real mission.
Picked up Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth because I totally want to play the entire trilogy now that I've played this one. Tommorow the Xbox boycott ends with Ace Combat 8. The first game I didn't want to miss that's not landing on Switch 2. 1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
10-02-2026, 08:34 PM
ACE COMBAT 8 is GREAT
The story is a bunch of nonsense so far, Top Gun meets Cyberpunk 2077 The planes go swooosh and boom Playing it on veteran already got some A ranks because I'm an ACE pilot.
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
10-03-2026, 09:55 PM
Ace Combat 8, completed mission 5.
Got the F14 and things are heating up story wise. Incredible experience with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Tifa Fantasy 7 Remake The visual style of this game is just off the charts. How they use color grading to set the mood, HDR and some of the best particle effects ever really makes it one of a kind. It plays great too very smooth, fast and agile. 1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
10-06-2026, 09:32 PM
Quote:Ace Combat 8, completed mission 5. It was actually mission 4. Today was mission 5 + 6. Mission 5 was some crazy Ace Combat WMD shit
10-07-2026, 04:14 AM
Castlevania: Belmont's Curse demo is damn fun.
2 users liked this post: HardcoreRetro, Nintex
10-07-2026, 08:16 PM
Tried the Stellar Blade demo. It doesn't really click with me.
I felt like I played this game a dozen times before with a different name (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Nier Automata) and while the game looks good the frame gen magic they applied makes timing parry and dodges tricky.
10-08-2026, 02:36 PM
If you're talking about the Switch 2 version, the dodge and parry timing is weird on PS5 as well. It's why I haven't got back to it yet.
Instead of straight up reacting to shit you have to press the button slightly earlier since there's a delay on it.
Yesterday, 08:22 PM
Castlevania: Belmont's Curse demo on Switch
This is great. Absolutely tremendous. The first boss was a bit annoying though with his cheap moves. Also kind of dumb that Konami only made a Switch version and not a Switch 2 version. 1 user liked this post: filler
Today, 02:58 AM
Also tried it recently and didn’t realize it was a Switch 1 demo and thought the jaggies and all were meant to be a pixelated retro filter.
Today, 11:28 AM
yesterday I was thinking that Sonic Cross Worlds didn't look as good as I expected not at all in the same league as Mario Kart World.
Then I suddenly realized I was playing the Switch version this entire time and the upgrade pack was a night and day difference. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|


1 user liked this post:
![[Image: image.png]](https://i.ibb.co/cSyn6xFp/image.png)