Journal of Other Forum Analysis (Volume II, Issue 2)
Get the fuck out of here with this "this place is a safe space for lesbians propagandhim, you're fine here"like it's a lesbian bar and not  a Nazi bar....like maybe don't?  Like maybe stop centering your whiteness for a second and understand that he/him lesbians are the most degraded and marginalized of all?  I don't even tell people my pronouns anymore because they immediately think I'm a guy that wants pussy.  That is so not me.  I'm a guy that wants pussy but I'm a lesbian one, and now I won't call myself a lesbian anymore because it's not safe.  So from now on my name is Big N Tasty.  And I drop 

THICK
FUCKIN
LOADS
BABBBYYYY 

Any women on this site, DM me.  If you like men, dm me.  If you like chicks, dm me.  Big N Tasty don't give a FUCK


ok u guys can carry on
Reply
I feel like this is a safe place so I'll just come out and say it. I'm a he/him lesbian who exclusively dates men as a cis man.  uguu
Reply
(09-25-2026, 05:37 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/

Squarehard, post: 161027395, member: 12179 wrote:Apologies for the long read, but it's been bottling up for awhile now and thought I need to get it out there.



The current discourse around trans rights have been becoming more volatile as candidates have increasingly been showing their anti-trans positions more and more. Even with our current sitting politicians, trans rights have been rooted into certain policies and bills that were either directly or indirectly aimed at the trans community with little to almost no pushback.



In the midst of it all, there are discussions and conversations around if being anti-trans is enough for people to decide whether or not to vote for a candidate because at the end of the day it would be for the greater good. They would rather have a Democratic candidate who has come out strong against Trump, conservative values, but not on trans rights because of the alternative which would be worse if they were a Republican, so from their perspective this is fine.



If these people plan to vote this way, then that's on them. However, those people should not make it seem as if they are voting for them for the greater good. Greater good for whom? If that answer is everybody except the trans community, then those people need to stop pretending their vote is for the benefit of everyone because it clearly is not.



There's an active trans genocide going on right now, and it's been slowly unfolding in these past years and now ramping up. Just because it's not moving fast, and seemingly on the surface to some not as bad as other issues, if you want to make those other issues your priority then that's on you. Just don't keep using the excuse that it's the better choice for the sake of everyone because of the alternative. Voting for someone who is more less anti-trans than the other candidate who is more anti-trans, is still voting for someone who is anti-trans.



When the trans community or it's supporters get angry and upset when someone decides this is acceptable, it is because they are angry and upset this is acceptable. Stop trying to put layers to it, and add nuance that doesn't need to be there, simply just to convince the trans community that, no no, it's not that bad. It is that bad. The trans community is upset because people are actively willing to throw them under the bus because they just don't care enough about the issue, whether people want to admit it to themselves or not.



Many in the trans community sees what's happening exactly for what it is. Removing of trans rights and actively engaging in trans genocide is not just about trans rights. What the trans community is fighting for is also fighting for the rights of all marginalized groups within our society. The trans community knows what's at stake, and what's at stake is far larger than just the rights of their community, and I feel this is always what's missed when people are willing to say it's for the greater good to just pick a candidate or support one over a Republican simply because they may limit the damage that conservatives are doing now. This is not what will happen, this has not happened in the past when we acquiesced, and is not what is actually happening. Willingness to give up the rights of one; what's going to stop that willingness for the rights of others?



At the end of the day, if you're willing to vote for a candidate that is anti-trans simply because you want to make sure things aren't "as bad", that is fine and your right. But don't make it seem like you're doing anybody in the trans community a favor by doing so. Don't be mystified by the reaction from the trans community when it's met with anger and disappointment when you're willing to accept you're directly hurting their people with your decisions.



Sorry for the wall of text.



I will leave it with this James Baldwin quote,



"The moment we cease to hold each other, the moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out"

Is your own fucking country, you fucking assholes. If you want to get fucked in the ass for other two years, then sure, don’t vote for the less damaging party, just never bitch about how shit stuff is ever again.
Reply
Ohlando, post: 161032420, member: 180381 wrote:Not my words, but I found it helpful in understanding not voting: when there's only 2 parties, its better to lose an election than to lose a party

https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-2#post-161032420

Literally retarded

Helmhold, post: 161032795, member: 128773 wrote:Mine is "the enemy of progress is perfection".

Hesright

SuperRiko, post: 161033089, member: 99529 wrote:Being bigoted toward trans people is far more worse than not being perfect. It's outright telling Trans people they do not want us.



THEY DON'T SUPPORT US but expect us to vote for them anyways?



That silly catchphraise means shit to the vulneranle trans community activley being demonized by these politicians and openly and gleefully discriminiated against.

Feeemales
Reply
(09-25-2026, 07:03 PM)EaldNarche wrote: I feel like this is a safe place ...
You felt wrong. Die cis scum 

ufup Camby
Spoiler:  (click to show)
Cis-Cum
Bowsette
Reply
(09-25-2026, 07:03 PM)EaldNarche wrote: I feel like this is a safe place so I'll just come out and say it. I'm a he/him lesbian who exclusively dates men as a cis man.  uguu

But steel's heavier than feathers...
Reply

OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™
Era should be happy.
Reply
(09-25-2026, 06:20 PM)Jansen wrote:
Kerwop, post: 161030440, member: 36265 wrote:It's not like I don't understand harm reduction. If I were American I would have voted for Kamala and given how awful Trump term 2 has been I can't imagine myself not voting against Republicans in 2028. I would also do whatever I could in the meantime to avoid having to vote for one of these terrible Dems.



I think the problem is some people direct almost all of their anger at the people sitting out instead of the genocidal politicians making them sit out.





Well I know you have always been one of the best posters on this board when it comes to Ukraine. As a though experiment, if Biden and Kamala treated Ukrainians the same as Palestinians, would that have any impact on your posts? This hypothetical means they would be sending unlimited weapons to Putin for free to kill tens of thousand of Ukrainian civilians with.



You've made nearly 7000 posts in the Ukraine thread so I find it hard to believe you would support Democrats in the same way if they actively wanted to murder Ukrain
ians.

hmm

One big difference is that Ukraine didn’t provoke a conflict while Hamas, de facto government of Gaza, did.
4 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Alpacx, HaughtyFrank, killamajig
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-2#post-161033239

SuperRiko wrote:They slowly slide the public opinion on yhe subjrct toward hate by agreeong with cobservatives on anti-trans bigotry.

It hurts us and slides the hate toward us up.

They simply could not attack us with attack ads if they want our support. Your dumb platitudes mean nothing to tjose activly being demonized and duscriminated againsts.
Morans
Reply
(09-24-2026, 11:10 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/zionist-carney-on-trump-threatening-to-annihilate-iran-there-is-a-war-now-he-is-speaking-the-language-of-war.1641796/page-4#post-160994410

StrandGaming wrote:When Trump spurred Canada and began a trade war, KKKarney made a speech in January at Davos about how the post-war international order has suffered a permanent "rupture." The very next month, he cheerleaded Trump for launching the war on Iran. Fuck him and his family.

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Commentary over a Series of Posts; Account in Junior Phase
3 users liked this post: benji, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Reply
From constructive 

Plum, post: 161028028, member: 44299 wrote:Honestly, and I don't know where else to say this nor do I expect it to make much of a difference but, well, I find making threads here on Era to be a draining experience overall. It's something I plan to do far less of in the future, despite it being something I really do find some joy in.



Mainly because, and I don't know what it is about us as a community , but so many of us absolutely love to try and 'tear down' threads. To try and find a 'gotcha' that brings down the OP's entire point in one fell swoop, or to try and find a loophole in a fun hypothetical. To treat a thread as this hostile thing that needs to be taken down a peg as quickly as possible.



A perfect example of it happening to me can be seen in a thread I made a while back, on what people would do if given the reign to a hypothetical Metal Gear Movie series:



https://www.resetera.com/threads/youre-given-1bn-to-create-a-metal-gear-movie-franchise-what-do-you-do.1329442/



You know, an innocent fun 'what-if' scenario. One that I'd hoped would generate discussions on casting, release orders, how to adapt a bunch of otherwise-disparate and weird-ass games. That sort of stuff. I put a bit of time drafting up a set of rules and a context that would make it more than just the thread's title. Yet, for the slight mistake of framing said question around financing, half the posts are just "lol I'd run off with the money." The same joke, over and over. No good long-form discussions had. A scant few decent ideas posted. Just cynical jabs for a brief laugh. At that point, I asked for the thread to be locked because it felt like a bit of a lost cause. Really though, it's something I see far too often in respect to how few high-effort threads I see. An OP takes time to write a detailed, interesting thread, only for the thread to be practically rejected for one reason or another. Not argued against, but simply rejected because of one reason or another.



And I do think this all has a dampening effect on what kind of threads we see here. Why put in the time and effort to make a detailed, high-effort thread when you very-easily run the risk of seeing dismissals, mockery, if not outright hostility. Why make a fun, detailed thread game if the community itself is never going to take it seriously? There's just not much point to it all. Hence why the vast majority of the threads we see here are news threads, or basic question-and-answer threads. Both of which are completely valid, but it really does make browsing this place tiresome when that's the bulk of what you're ever going to see.



My issue is, I just don't know how we can really fix this. Or whether anyone would ever want to fix it. Or, hell, whether anyone even sees it as an issue. More stringent motivation isn't going to work for a multitude of reasons. A 'high-effort thread' award or sticky or whatever might encourage more of those, but it doesn't really help the issue of people seeing said threads in a negative light, and I doubt it would see much usage anyways.



I don't know. Sorry for not being positive here but this has been something I've been thinking about for a long while and I wanted to get it off my chest.
Reply
(09-25-2026, 07:21 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-2#post-161033239

SuperRiko wrote:They slowly slide the public opinion on yhe subjrct toward hate by agreeong with cobservatives on anti-trans bigotry.

It hurts us and slides the hate toward us up.

They simply could not attack us with attack ads if they want our support. Your dumb platitudes mean nothing to tjose activly being demonized and duscriminated againsts.
Morans


Maybe they should spend less time on begsky and open up Rosetta Stone
Reply
(09-25-2026, 07:13 PM)Jansen wrote:
Ohlando, post: 161032420, member: 180381 wrote:Not my words, but I found it helpful in understanding not voting: when there's only 2 parties, its better to lose an election than to lose a party

https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-2#post-161032420

Literally retarded

Helmhold, post: 161032795, member: 128773 wrote:Mine is "the enemy of progress is perfection".

Hesright

SuperRiko, post: 161033089, member: 99529 wrote:Being bigoted toward trans people is far more worse than not being perfect. It's outright telling Trans people they do not want us.



THEY DON'T SUPPORT US but expect us to vote for them anyways?



That silly catchphraise means shit to the vulneranle trans community activley being demonized by these politicians and openly and gleefully discriminiated against.

Feeemales

So let the Republicans win and do far worst?
[Image: 2nyice.jpg?a496464]
4 users liked this post: MJBarret, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Mediocre Lager, Cheers
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-controversial-gaming-opinions.938/page-583#post-160983958

Dr. Nothing Loud wrote:That's your opinion. As a computer scientist, I have a different one.
Egomaniac
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boston-globe-greenfield-lesbian-bar-last-ditch-faces-mask-rule-backlash.1642870/page-4#post-161029204

Garlic wrote:I mean the entire reason this is happening is because the bar owner is a huge doormat letting themselves get run over by people who realized they can exercise a little bit of power over someone
hmm
Reply
If they’re gonna keep owning themselves like this why are we even here? Rage
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-408#post-125268441
Boopers wrote:I'm asexual...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/moments-in-life-where-the-anticipation-is-better-than-the-actual-thing.1643056/
Boopers wrote:all things sexually-related
shockedgirlpickachu
Reply
(09-23-2026, 08:04 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Plum wrote:First off: This is a long-ass thread and my writing style is incredibly non-linear and messy, so if you see any big mistakes or missing paragraph-ends or such, please let me know...

...just don't be a dick about it.

Mike 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/from-softwares-next-big-souls-game-needs-to-be-controversial.1641574/

This pretty much sums up Resetera. 

"I write like a retard, I recognise my writing is retarded, and no I won't do anything about it, you'll just have to deal with it. I'm a retard."
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-3#post-161036161

Tankman wrote:That ignores the fact that the trans athlete issue is an effective wedge because it is nuanced not because it is an automatic indicator of bigotry.
girlcringe

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-4#post-161036392

FirstTwoPages wrote:You can't say that here. I personally think it is indeed nuanced and ultimately shouldn't have much to do with the government at all, rather each individual committee for each sport league, but that's another opinion consider untenable on this website.
Reply
(09-24-2026, 05:25 PM)Ethan wrote:
(09-24-2026, 04:26 PM)simiansmarts wrote: babe, wake up. it's another Gen Z hate thread from our good friend entremetGPT 
 
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gen-z-wants-millennials-to-retire-nobody-can-afford-to.1641943/ 
 
Thankfully, a good amount of the thread are calling out OP for posting generational war engagement slop

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasminebrowley/

Quote:The Reason Millennials Show Up To Brunch In A Blazer

The blazer at brunch symbolizes a generation shaped by hustle culture, burnout and blurred boundaries between work and personal life.

Quote:The Millennial Optimism Paradox

Millennials are financially squeezed but professionally hopeful. Here's what the hopecore paradox means for leaders managing today's workforce.

Quote:Millennials Were Taught To Build In Private—This Founder Showed Her Work And Won

Learn why building in public is becoming a career advantage and how transparency, authentic storytelling and visible learning build trust.

Quote:Your Founder Is Fine. A Clinician Explains Why That Is The Problem

A licensed counselor and mind-body medicine researcher explains why high-performing Black women founders keep functioning while their bodies fail, and what changes cost only a decision.

JFC. Imagine writing this drivel for a living.

Further proof Millennials are the worst generation to exist.
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
Reply
(09-25-2026, 07:30 PM)Jansen wrote: From constructive 

Plum, post: 161028028, member: 44299 wrote:Honestly, and I don't know where else to say this nor do I expect it to make much of a difference but, well, I find making threads here on Era to be a draining experience overall. It's something I plan to do far less of in the future, despite it being something I really do find some joy in.



Mainly because, and I don't know what it is about us as a community , but so many of us absolutely love to try and 'tear down' threads. To try and find a 'gotcha' that brings down the OP's entire point in one fell swoop, or to try and find a loophole in a fun hypothetical. To treat a thread as this hostile thing that needs to be taken down a peg as quickly as possible.



A perfect example of it happening to me can be seen in a thread I made a while back, on what people would do if given the reign to a hypothetical Metal Gear Movie series:



https://www.resetera.com/threads/youre-given-1bn-to-create-a-metal-gear-movie-franchise-what-do-you-do.1329442/



You know, an innocent fun 'what-if' scenario. One that I'd hoped would generate discussions on casting, release orders, how to adapt a bunch of otherwise-disparate and weird-ass games. That sort of stuff. I put a bit of time drafting up a set of rules and a context that would make it more than just the thread's title. Yet, for the slight mistake of framing said question around financing, half the posts are just "lol I'd run off with the money." The same joke, over and over. No good long-form discussions had. A scant few decent ideas posted. Just cynical jabs for a brief laugh. At that point, I asked for the thread to be locked because it felt like a bit of a lost cause. Really though, it's something I see far too often in respect to how few high-effort threads I see. An OP takes time to write a detailed, interesting thread, only for the thread to be practically rejected for one reason or another. Not argued against, but simply rejected because of one reason or another.



And I do think this all has a dampening effect on what kind of threads we see here. Why put in the time and effort to make a detailed, high-effort thread when you very-easily run the risk of seeing dismissals, mockery, if not outright hostility. Why make a fun, detailed thread game if the community itself is never going to take it seriously? There's just not much point to it all. Hence why the vast majority of the threads we see here are news threads, or basic question-and-answer threads. Both of which are completely valid, but it really does make browsing this place tiresome when that's the bulk of what you're ever going to see.



My issue is, I just don't know how we can really fix this. Or whether anyone would ever want to fix it. Or, hell, whether anyone even sees it as an issue. More stringent motivation isn't going to work for a multitude of reasons. A 'high-effort thread' award or sticky or whatever might encourage more of those, but it doesn't really help the issue of people seeing said threads in a negative light, and I doubt it would see much usage anyways.



I don't know. Sorry for not being positive here but this has been something I've been thinking about for a long while and I wanted to get it off my chest.

Plum wrote:First off: This is a long-ass thread and my writing style is incredibly non-linear and messy, so if you see any big mistakes or missing paragraph-ends or such, please let me know...

...just don't be a dick about it

Imagine starting a thread and more or less saying: this is a long ass thread and my writing is terrible. Don’t bitch about it.
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-4#post-161037022

Xyer wrote:When the Charlie Kirk assassination happened, trans communities were telling everyone to pack bug out bags and have a set escape plan once things go bad (like the FBI declaring all trans people terrorists, banning them from buying guns, etc). That's the future all these anti trans dems and the GOP want.
Reply
(09-24-2026, 10:22 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(09-24-2026, 10:05 AM)benji wrote:
(09-23-2026, 09:07 PM)Let's Cyber wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-rather-take-hair-transplants-or-take-medications-october-2026-edition.1641571/#post-160945822

One weird trick to stop hairloss!
(09-24-2026, 09:10 AM)Snoopy wrote: Slaphead thread


Sure Benjamin

https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-rather-take-hair-transplants-or-take-medications-october-2026-edition.1641571/#post-160945822
[Image: image.png]
girlhorny

Actually the only Trans woman on Era that passes at first glance.

Always remember that those are the two best photos that freak could find. Can you imagine the less flattering angles? 
Feeemales
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, killamajig
Reply
I'm sorry man, but a bar that requires Masking in our year 2026 is just asking to go out of business.
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-4#post-161037808

Xan wrote:
Nm6k2001 wrote:Because so many people see trans lives as a joke and are just putting up a front to act like they care
Yep, this is it. Deep down they don't see our identities as legitimate. They'll play along with our delusions because it's the polite thing to do, but as soon as we try to advocate for ourselves, the knives come out. How dare we rock the boat when there are real, important rights at stake!
Am I out of touch?

Edit:
(09-25-2026, 06:07 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/iowa-farmers-union-endorses-democratic-candidate-josh-turek-over-the-republican.1641769/page-3#post-160988968
kd_slider wrote:Looking a Sudanese child dying of cholera in the face and saying you wouldn't vote against USAID cuts because it's more effective to "point out the opulence of transphobic capital." Or maybe the wife of a migrant detained in a camp waiting to be deported to who knows where. Or the young mother kicked from her benefits.
"Why couldn't you do both?" "Well, I had to send a message."
Hahahaha. As much as I'm sure you bloviate about the oppressed you are happy to walk over their corpses on the way to your goal. How many black and brown lives is one trans athlete worth? 10? 100? 1,000? 10,000? Sheesh, and we talk about betrayal! Amerikkkans really are useless.
Reply
Quote:They'll play along with our delusions because it's the polite thing to do

I guess this forcing people to do and think what i want thing doesn't work.  I am now politically homeless.
Reply
(09-25-2026, 10:18 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(09-25-2026, 05:08 AM)yetanotheraccountholyf wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/boston-globe-greenfield-lesbian-bar-last-ditch-faces-mask-rule-backlash.1642870/page-3

Quote:I read this whole thread thinking "I can't be the only one that thinks this Noire person isn't real?"

There's no way they're real, right?

Edit:

Can someone more knowledgeable than me please explain the context in which a person identifying as He/Him could claim to be a lesbian. =/

homie doesn’t know he’s a banned man walking  lol look at this asshole, not knowing how males can be lesbians (WLW) too

This sort of question is so beautiful because there isn't any sort of rational explanation. You just have to accept it because you have to keep affirming and support anyone who identifies as LGBT. The whole thing has become just vibes, not logic

"I'm a male lesbian asexual slut and if you question that you're genociding me"

It's wild that these days you can be a lesbian without anyone with a vagina or even she/her pronouns being involved at all...
Win
Reply
(09-25-2026, 08:53 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-3#post-161036161

Tankman wrote:That ignores the fact that the trans athlete issue is an effective wedge because it is nuanced not because it is an automatic indicator of bigotry.
girlcringe

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-4#post-161036392

FirstTwoPages wrote:You can't say that here. I personally think it is indeed nuanced and ultimately shouldn't have much to do with the government at all, rather each individual committee for each sport league, but that's another opinion consider untenable on this website.

[Image: 3o6UBiAQ9Ws8UWdmqA.gif]

Mods will be going through that thread like a lawnmower later.
Reply
Remember folks, being a leftist is about, erm, singling out which ethnic groups aren’t allowed an opinion in your American mcmansion failson safe space
Reply
Member only:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-trans-non-binary-lounge-ot-there-is-power-in-pride.402967/page-83

PlanetSmasher wrote:Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Popcorn
Reply


Forum Jump: