(09-26-2026, 11:06 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: "Republicans are going to put us in camps."
"Democrats won't let us play women's sports."
 👇👇👇👇
(09-26-2026, 09:58 PM)benji wrote: Kyuuji wrote:Quote:If the choice is voting for "no men in women's sports" or forcible detranstioning, blocking of healthcare, imprisoning people?
Sports it is. We have to reduce harm and start moving people the other way.
You're missing that banning trans women from sports directly leads to the removal of healthcare, forced detransition, segregation, and so on. It's a straight line. You don't reduce harm putting an asterisk next trans women as to when they are and aren't women, you encourage it. Xyer wrote:The reality is you give the anti trans dems any leg room, they will slowly get more and more anti trans until they go full Labor and join the GOP in getting rid of trans people from every day life. First it's "boys in sports", then adults, then bathroom bills nationwide, then they define gender and prevent anybody from the opposite birth gender from getting medication. Then it's suddenly illegal and they will start arresting people and throwing trans women into men's prisons and vice versa. This includes doctors who prescribed the medication and allies. They'll also be hunted down for supporting trans people.
You give them an inch, they will take a mile back. Not to mention how much it'll tank public opinion of trans people.
(09-26-2026, 09:58 PM)benji wrote: Nepenthe wrote:Yes, we are going to do this on ERA because frankly I'm tired of folks using our ancestors as a shield for an electoralism that ends up completely dismissing the concerns of minorities put in the position of putting a rubber stamp on their dehumanization.
Also, don't engage in strawmen. I am not some accelerationist who is under the delusion that this country can be systemically dismantled in like two days, and I have never actually argued for such, so the stereotypical lecture characterizing me as a performative, delusional accelerationsist is both reactionary and irrelevant. I am someone who actually reads the literature (it's genuinely interesting, especially in how catty it can be) and moves within the scenes in my city and openly proselytizes to my coworkers on the floor, which is why I have constantly said for months now that we need to begin organizing an actual vanguard leftist party (not the DSA) like the activists of old and then go from there to analyze and address the contradictions of modern America and develop an actual science-driven movement that can, in time, replace the Democratic Party altogether. I know; definitely the equivalent of firebombing a Walmart. Just screenshotting this since y'all have been ignoring that she's said it for months instead of organizing:
my goat zeo wants to see more of this in women's sports leagues
09-27-2026, 12:20 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 12:21 AM by DavidCroquet.)
I never said "firebomb a walmart", what I said--as I moved within the scenes of my city  --was...
21 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, JoeBoy101, BananaBlast, Chumbawumbafan69, yetanotheraccountholyf, Hap Shaughnessy, Cheers, jooseloose, MJBarret, Vertigo, Greatness Gone, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Orange Juice Box, Propagandhim, Let's Cyber, simiansmarts, Taco Bell Tower, benji, Lonewulfeus, BIONIC, Boredfrom
09-27-2026, 12:21 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 12:23 AM by D3RANG3D.)
(09-27-2026, 12:08 AM)filler wrote:
my goat zeo wants to see more of this in women's sports leagues 
09-27-2026, 12:33 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 12:33 AM by Jansen.)
Plum, post: 161073826, member: 44299 wrote:I guess my issue here is... where does that baseline actually lay?
The inconvenient 'truth' about the accessibility feature debate, and the reason why I don't think it'll ever really 'work' in the way people want it to, is that there are genuine, widely advocated-for accessibility features that will undoubtedly make a game 'you' (in general) like easier, or less artistically-sound, in some way. That can mean an easy mode, sure, but it could also just as easily mean being able to pause the 'tension' in a game you couldn't pause before, or having a distinct visual art style 'watered down' by a high-contrast visual option.
Either way, there will be a point in which the desire for accessibility features crosses over from wanting 'nice' accessibility features that can be ignored completely if you don't need them, into wanting 'bad' accessibility that might actually have an impact, no matter how minimal, on the regular player's experience. Where that point starts to matter differs from person to person, but to a non-insignificant amount of people that point is very, very early on in the 'transition' between the two types of feature.
Ultimately, I just don't think we're - as a community - really equipped to handle the accessibility conversation. Though I don't think any community on the internet is, I've 'dived into it' a few times and it's something just way too mired in hyperbole, defensiveness, and, I'm not going to mince any words here...'Soulslike discourse.'
So when it comes to any actual change (though I'm under no allusion threads here have the capability to change much), we'll need major industry advocates that can talk to companies, especially those such as Nintendo and From who are historically very poor when it comes to these sorts of things, directly.
Did make another one you might've already seen, though it was mostly to help stop a bit of a derailing argument in another thread lol.
Any which way, it'll likely be a while before I put any significant effort into one. We'll see.
I personally wouldn't. That's the sort of question you're never going to get a real answer to so it ultimately h
elps no-one to ask it.
Why is this user such a bitch
12 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, BananaBlast, Chumbawumbafan69, Hap Shaughnessy, Greatness Gone, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Propagandhim, Let's Cyber, Boredfrom, Taco Bell Tower, benji, D3RANG3D
09-27-2026, 01:53 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 01:54 AM by benji.)
(09-27-2026, 12:20 AM)DavidCroquet wrote: I never said "firebomb a walmart", what I said--as I moved within the scenes of my city --was... Duh, she's got something to lose: the leadership position in the vanguard party she's waiting for you to form and invite her to guide.
21 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, JoeBoy101, BananaBlast, Chumbawumbafan69, yetanotheraccountholyf, nachobro, Lonewulfeus, DavidCroquet, MJBarret, Vertigo, NekoFever, Greatness Gone, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Orange Juice Box, who is ted danson?, simiansmarts, Propagandhim, Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Let's Cyber, Taco Bell Tower
(09-27-2026, 01:53 AM)benji wrote: (09-27-2026, 12:20 AM)DavidCroquet wrote: I never said "firebomb a walmart", what I said--as I moved within the scenes of my city --was... Duh, she's got something to lose: the leadership position in the vanguard party she's waiting for you to form and invite her to guide.
growing up is understanding that Juche is the only way forward and living in the Marxist past without the thoughts of Kim Il Sung at the forefront is childish.
"A few more months of proselytizing on the floor, actually reading the literature, and then we can start organizing a vanguard party." - me putting off WoW night w/ friends cuz I don't wanna learn the raids anymore
09-27-2026, 04:56 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 04:57 AM by Potato.)
(09-26-2026, 11:56 PM)benji wrote: (09-26-2026, 09:58 PM)benji wrote: Nepenthe wrote:Yes, we are going to do this on ERA because frankly I'm tired of folks using our ancestors as a shield for an electoralism that ends up completely dismissing the concerns of minorities put in the position of putting a rubber stamp on their dehumanization.
Also, don't engage in strawmen. I am not some accelerationist who is under the delusion that this country can be systemically dismantled in like two days, and I have never actually argued for such, so the stereotypical lecture characterizing me as a performative, delusional accelerationsist is both reactionary and irrelevant. I am someone who actually reads the literature (it's genuinely interesting, especially in how catty it can be) and moves within the scenes in my city and openly proselytizes to my coworkers on the floor, which is why I have constantly said for months now that we need to begin organizing an actual vanguard leftist party (not the DSA) like the activists of old and then go from there to analyze and address the contradictions of modern America and develop an actual science-driven movement that can, in time, replace the Democratic Party altogether. I know; definitely the equivalent of firebombing a Walmart. Just screenshotting this since y'all have been ignoring that she's said it for months instead of organizing:
![[Image: proselytizes.png]](https://thebire.com/re/nep/proselytizes.png)
Yes, broad, election-winning political movements are organised by creating more and more niche parties that represent smaller and smaller interest groups on fewer and fewer issues. Yes, Nepenthe, you should create your microparty and so should every other single issue voter.
09-27-2026, 05:03 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 05:09 AM by Orange Juice Box.)
(09-26-2026, 11:56 PM)benji wrote: (09-26-2026, 09:58 PM)benji wrote: Nepenthe wrote:Yes, we are going to do this on ERA because frankly I'm tired of folks using our ancestors as a shield for an electoralism that ends up completely dismissing the concerns of minorities put in the position of putting a rubber stamp on their dehumanization.
Also, don't engage in strawmen. I am not some accelerationist who is under the delusion that this country can be systemically dismantled in like two days, and I have never actually argued for such, so the stereotypical lecture characterizing me as a performative, delusional accelerationsist is both reactionary and irrelevant. I am someone who actually reads the literature (it's genuinely interesting, especially in how catty it can be) and moves within the scenes in my city and openly proselytizes to my coworkers on the floor, which is why I have constantly said for months now that we need to begin organizing an actual vanguard leftist party (not the DSA) like the activists of old and then go from there to analyze and address the contradictions of modern America and develop an actual science-driven movement that can, in time, replace the Democratic Party altogether. I know; definitely the equivalent of firebombing a Walmart. Just screenshotting this since y'all have been ignoring that she's said it for months instead of organizing:
![[Image: proselytizes.png]](https://thebire.com/re/nep/proselytizes.png)
That's what I was going to point out. You didn't highlight. "I've been saying this for _______." Always the first to realize, the first to read, and the first to say and do the most.
And she was an accelerationist. She cycles through so many personalities it must be hard to keep track of her own beliefs. Sometimes she want's to destroy the midwest after giving them a good scolding and other times she wants to break bread with them and scold all the people not willing to save them.
Quote:I never said "firebomb a walmart", what I said--as I moved within the scenes of my city --was...
![[Image: blow-stuf-up-nepenthe.png]](https://i.ibb.co/99vhs1L5/blow-stuf-up-nepenthe.png)
She has changed. She used to advocate for violence as the only way political change can occur. Now she just piddles out and says it's a massive undertaking that basically humanity isn't ready unless everyone is as smart, educated, well read, and committed as her. She's kind of given up on expecting people to commit violence for her and settled on getting to be the smartest one left on a pile of embers saying, "I've always said this was going to happen."
The dream of getting to finger wave a dying, post-apocy society for not doing her bidding instead of demanding a post-opocy occur might be a sign of maturity in her world.
(09-26-2026, 05:42 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-9#post-161062618
Nepenthe wrote:People have largely given up on the idea that they can affect change on the powers that be and systems at large, so it's much easier instead to take out the frustration from that sense of powerlessness on people that are easier targets. 
God I wish MessofanEgo or some mental health professional would say, "Hmmmm, and what healthy methods do you use to deal with frustration like that?"
13 users liked this post: Chumbawumbafan69, yetanotheraccountholyf, Propagandhim, killamajig, D3RANG3D, Lonewulfeus, DavidCroquet, HaughtyFrank, MJBarret, Alpacx, Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji
09-27-2026, 05:37 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 05:37 AM by benji.)
(09-27-2026, 05:03 AM)Orange Juice Box wrote: That's what I was going to point out. You didn't highlight. "I've been saying this for _______." Always the first to realize, the first to read, and the first to say and do the most. I thought it funny from the perspective of: "as I've been saying for months [over century old thing that large swaths of the white world believed for most of the century]." Like why the fuck would you brag about this and how you've been saying it for mere months. It's not even relevant to the thread topic, yeah, trans shut-ins should withdraw from society and electoral politics and form clandestine terrorist cells to distill themselves into even more extreme ideologies with the goal of overthrowing every state on the planet. Totally rational plan for combatting the ACTIVE GENOCIDE.
I know SilentPanda is old news but jesus the large orange text makes it so hard to read
09-27-2026, 05:54 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 06:02 AM by benji.)
I wish I had publicly predicted that she would start saying "scientific" and "dialectical" and so on after she started throwing around "contradiction" because it really was obvious from the start. A couple years ago she actually rejected socialism as too authoritarian and policing while she was sketching her take a carrot, leave a carrot paradise. Now she's read half of a Soviet era textbook and she's fully committed to a Marxism-Leninism that most of the Global South she stans broke from over half a century ago when Maoism became the cool trend.
All these dudes and dudettes are constantly displaying their going from zero to 250% into anything they pick up with interest after just barely scratching the surface of the topic. (Maybe most of all including playing games or watching media, like that guy who put 100 hours or whatever already into that game that just came out or Kyuuji watching Avatar endlessly in theaters.) Escalating everything to a genocide instantly. Believing every dumb thing they see and instantly escalating it to a giant incoherent conspiracy of evil that confirms all their stupidity. Making Gaza their entire personality after never paying attention to Israel/Palestine for 30+ years of their life. Deciding they are a girl and within two years getting giant breast implants, vocal cord surgery and thinking about having plastic surgery on their hips and ass. Jumping on every and any phrase to drive it endlessly into the ground. Louder for those in the back, fuck AI, fuck Microsoft, fuck nvidia and anyone using it except MOBA Network. Yikes, oof, the planet is literally boiling from AI literally using up all the water in existence in a way in which it doesn't recycle ever, that's not slick and makes clear the cruelty is the point. Exactly as the Nazi masters of Sydney Sweeney have intended all along to help the Zios.
Then because they've instantly escalated things emotionally they burn everything out in no time and so constantly need a new emotional fix. I'm just so tired. Fucking capitalism.
12 users liked this post: BananaBlast, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Chumbawumbafan69, Propagandhim, killamajig, MJBarret, Orange Juice Box, Vertigo, NekoFever, Let's Cyber, Taco Bell Tower, Besticus Maximus
(09-26-2026, 06:57 PM)benji wrote: (09-25-2026, 01:58 PM)Ethan wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt%E2%80%99s-100-best-tv-shows-of-the-21st-century.1643149/
desperate housewives is legit tho, i wish breaking bore was half as good
09-27-2026, 06:10 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 06:11 AM by benji.)
Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide) lmao at all the replies who think Epic could somehow win this or that their not doing it is proof of something ideological
Healthcare: memes
Treasury: memes
Law enforcement: memes
Urban development: memes
Transportation: memes
Education: memes
War:
I mean, imagine that a retard piece of shit like Kennedy using your intellectual property because he just wants to sane wash his beliefs.
Nep is just another pseud who desperately wants people to view her as a revolutionary and educator. The reality is she’s a middle aged pharmacy dispenser who pours scorn on people who can’t afford their prescriptions.
BIONIC dateline='[url=tel:1790458880' wrote: 1790458880[/url]']
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1790448826' wrote: 1790448826[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-does-every-conversation-online-devolve-into-a-moral-purity-test-now-its-so-annoying-accessibility-in-games-threads-about-a-celebrity-etc.1644193/
Antoo wrote:Discussing things on the internet has never been all sunshine and rainbows, but it's safe to say that things haven't gotten better over time. One of the worst phenomenons that has run rampant now across all social media and even this forum is the way people try to moralize topics in a way to make them look better. So what are some common examples that I've seen on this forum that frustrate me?- Some celebrity is revealed to an asshole -> cue people coming into a thread about how they never liked that person anyways
- Online discussions around how they don't want games to autoplay for themselves/allow for skipping of major moments -> cue people coming into a thread calling these people ableist
- Someone has an opinion you disagree with -> let's scrub through all their comments and try to find one specific point that you can twist to make them look as bad as possible
These examples cover a variety of discussions, but the underlying common thread that ties them all together is people that go into them wanting to stroke their own ego. Who gives a shit what the topic actually says? This celebrity sucks? Wait, I never listened to their music or watched any of their movies before. Wow, I guess I am a morally upstanding person! Time to rub it in on other people. What's that? You have a differing opinion than me on what accessibility means in games? Obviously, I must be right. So that must mean... the other person is prejudice against minority groups. Fuck me, this person dislikes the thing I like! This thing means so much to me though. I'm not a bad person. I'm definitely not. It's kind of weird that they don't like it though. Wait, are they bad?
People who talk like this online are so self-righteous. They aren't there to actually engage with other people. They are there to talk at other people. They either want to make others feel bad or get pats on the back for saying the exact right thing. What drives me crazy is that it all comes across as so selfish. All of a sudden, this subject matters turns into one thing and one thing only: yourself. It's my views and beliefs and that's it. Because guess what: you never liking a celebrity who turned out to be a dick doesn't mean anything. Anyone that makes a comment like that is merely shoving themselves into a conversation that they have no relation to in order to claim the moral high ground. Does that seriously help potential victims? You acting like you are an omniscient force whose unfamiliarity/dislike of an artist's work is somehow correlated with them being a bad person? You see, I sensed the negative energy around them as a person years ago. So fucking smug man.
The celebrity example is easy to pick apart though. What really irritates me is when people try to legitimize their point of view by co-opting various causes. You must be a piece of shit who hates people with disabilities because your definition of accessibility is different than mines. This type of logical reasoning isn't all that different from pro-life people who claim that those who support abortions support child murder. Why? Because you are losing all nuance. None of the points that the person who disagrees with them matter because they won't fit their pre-established views. And what if something the opposing person brings up sounds sort of reasonable? Well, that's why you name-call and make the other individual feel like they are a bad person. Presenting emotion as sound logic is genius! You know what's commonly missing in these types of arguments though? Actual examples. If someone is so committed to making games playable to people with any kind of disability, you would assume they could spotlight some voices from said community. Usually, all you get though is the person explaining their opinion as the definitive text of what is considered a disability. It all comes across as rather solipsistic doesn't it? Yeah, the world truly does revolve around me and my beliefs.
Stuff like this is when I truly think that the internet was a mistake. The anonymous nature of the people you talk to online means many don't internalize those individuals that they speak with as actual people. So who gives a shit? I have the opportunity to let out all my anger and frustration from the real world onto others. I don't have to suffer any repercussions. As shitty as it sounds, it’s not the worst thing in the world. That is it wouldn’t be the worst thing if there is a clear separation between the real world and the internet. As we become more and more online though?
All this does is promote groupthink too. Why should anyone want to express a differing opinion when they become afraid of getting dogpiled on? It's better to simply parrot the commonly-agreed upon opinions found across the internet. This is all great for promoting critical thinking btw. Here's the other thing: sometimes a person who has a differing opinion may legitimately have a take that is inconsiderate. I would argue that the mark of a good person isn’t that they are never wrong though. The mark of a good person is someone who can acknowledge their mistakes and work towards being better. How a person responds is equally as important as what they said (with exceptions of course). Some people online don’t give a shit about the response though. They just want someone to dunk on.
“Hey, this actor is said to method act. Let’s get him! Who gives a shit that method acting isn’t a set of specific rules that can only be taught in one specific way. This person must be like Jared Leto!”
Seriously, how many threads are made with an incendiary title with the explicit purpose of shitting on someone. It’ll be dressed up under a mask of legitimacy though by taking that person’s word out of context. These individuals are definitely consciousness individuals though that are only there to point out injustices in the world and not trying to make themselves feel better. Nope.
Lobster Roll, post: 161066770, member: 60178 wrote:Some people online treat it like a competition where they can be the most exemplary example. In real life, they've got vices, flaws, and their own faults that they won't talk about in online spaces though. It's pretty easy to pick people out when they're over-the-top with it.
I always love when it’s the exact cunts being talked about that come out to act enlightened and above it all 
The complete lack of self awareness is always hilarious
Developer until 2020.
Probably not up to speed with the latest
(09-26-2026, 08:42 PM)benji wrote:
Quote:@HoodedSpidey
2 days ago
"All this sudden hate for MAN 2026 is so forced. I'm Having a Blast!"
 I know that video was made to parody modern games but all of that literally happens in Pac-Man World 3 which came out in 2005. Most of the game is Orson yapping in Pac-Man's ear while he makes snarky comments.
09-27-2026, 05:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2026, 05:21 PM by HaughtyFrank.)
Clicky has really made a full swing into collecting virtue points.
He used to bring up Last of Us whenever he could but now it's all about forspoken
Quote:Extremely sadly this shouldn't be the case, but Forspoken having a black woman lead of a AAA SE game was a big swing. To me at least, it was a big hit.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/games-that-took-big-swings-in-the-last-10-or-so-years.1644406/post-161079565
Quote:Frey is one of my favorite characters of the past decade.
Except the part where I'm not ashamed.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-gaming-shameful-secret-is-that-i-loved-dmc-at-the-time-what%E2%80%99s-yours.1644298/post-161072800
Forspoken was a miss but it was a big swing, the game is close to being good but it isn't
(09-27-2026, 05:19 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Clicky has really made a full swing into collecting virtue points.
He used to bring up Last of Us whenever he could but now it's all about forspoken
Quote:Extremely sadly this shouldn't be the case, but Forspoken having a black woman lead of a AAA SE game was a big swing. To me at least, it was a big hit.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/games-that-took-big-swings-in-the-last-10-or-so-years.1644406/post-161079565
Quote:Frey is one of my favorite characters of the past decade.
Except the part where I'm not ashamed.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-gaming-shameful-secret-is-that-i-loved-dmc-at-the-time-what%E2%80%99s-yours.1644298/post-161072800
Carl is the bnwo guy right? It seems to me that Carl’s outsize fandom of anything starring a black character regardless of its quality is just another way he can publicly live out his fetish. I don’t know why he can’t just get railed in the ass by a big black dude like the “normal” bnwo guys. But I guess like the trans shit even this fetish is largely performative in nature for him.
11 users liked this post: BananaBlast, yetanotheraccountholyf, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, D3RANG3D, Greatness Gone, Vertigo, Taco Bell Tower, killamajig, HaughtyFrank, simiansmarts
(09-25-2026, 08:53 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-4#post-161036392
FirstTwoPages wrote:You can't say that here. I personally think it is indeed nuanced and ultimately shouldn't have much to do with the government at all, rather each individual committee for each sport league, but that's another opinion consider untenable on this website.
Quote: User banned (1 month): Transphobia
24 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, JoeBoy101, BananaBlast, Cheers, jooseloose, yetanotheraccountholyf, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Chumbawumbafan69, MJBarret, benji, D3RANG3D, Greatness Gone, Orange Juice Box, NekoFever, Vertigo, Lonewulfeus, Mask, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, killamajig, simiansmarts, HaughtyFrank, DavidCroquet, BIONIC
https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-rockstar-dev-says-porting-gta-vi-to-switch-2-doesnt-make-sense-likely-to-be-a-subpar-experience-and-not-sure-if-the-audience-is-there.1643245/page-3#post-161022472
Quote: User banned (1 week): Trolling over multiple posts. Account in junior phase.
Mach Bu wrote:The salt in here is outstanding. Power to anyone that uses the Switch as their main gaming device, just know that the grass truly is greener.
12 users liked this post: JoeBoy101, BananaBlast, yetanotheraccountholyf, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Chumbawumbafan69, benji, D3RANG3D, Greatness Gone, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, DavidCroquet, BIONIC
|