(10-03-2026, 12:27 PM)BIONIC wrote: That thumb…  Wow, he’s just like his avatar irl!! Motoko Kusanagi is an obese britbonger man who eats artery clogging food too!!
10-03-2026, 01:46 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2026, 01:46 PM by HaughtyFrank.)
Robotoboy wrote:Quote:Nepenthe post
One of the biggest reasons I love these statements is language... Nepenthe uses normal, reasonable, and effective communicative language, and their post is far more powerful and effective in my opinion at getting to the root of the issue.
See the empire we currently accept as a base reality with no question --- which as Nepenthe basically points out --- IS the problem here. Period. People want to wax about this guys ability to work, and his merits because they aren't even considering the overall system that allows this shit to happen on the regular.
(READ NEPENTHE'S POSTS)
Where as Jacob himself and that article use what I can only describe as "corporate" speak (I call it imperial register) to mask and misdirect their intent. The article that was praised said nothing of value, nothing different from all the other people going "but he was a good boy, and he said he was sorry... so I feel conflicted about damning him to a life of exile you know?"
They literally said the same thing as many others said, and to me when somebody goes "this captured my thoughts perfectly!" I feel like people aren't even able to see that. Geller also uses language...
Quote:That article and subsequent praise for it has thrown me for a loop. I need to address how it idealizes his statement.
His statement is carefully crafted and incredibly manipulative:
"She and I spoke about it the day after and agreed - I had assaulted her. She later reported this to the university's Title IX office, I cooperated with the investigation, and I was given the (very mild, I concur) sentence of a semester suspension."
He describes the assault as something he agreed had happened after the fact.
He agrees to something we all unequivocally know to be true anyway for no other reason than to earn your trust.
It is phrased in a way to imply that he did not think, believe, or was aware that he was committing sexual assault until a conversation the day after happened. Alcohol or youth may not have been mentioned yet it is how someone not accountable for their actions would recall events.
It uses the lack of clarity we have to be as euphemistic as possible, "assault," when the violation was about "sexual assault or sexual violence"
There is a far cry between "I sexually assaulted her" and "We spoke after and I agreed I assaulted her." No real ownership over what he did...just a passive acceptance to events as they unfolded. It is a statement that looks like accountability but is crafted to minimize his actions to the point where you credit his honesty and may even be able to stomach supporting him going forward. This is not the statement of someone who is "rehabilitated"...it is a statement of someone who's trying to do what he's done for 10 years, get away with it.
...and this post shows that. I am so tired of people falling for word-jiutsu, and just seeing people go "Look how smart they are! They must be right!" because they used a ridiculous vocab to "communicate"... (the "concur" in his apology really filled me with rage if I'm honest) https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/post-161340376
13 users liked this post: Cheers, yetanotheraccountholyf, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, Taco Bell Tower, Orange Juice Box, Hap Shaughnessy, BIONIC, DavidCroquet, MJBarret, Lonewulfeus, Let's Cyber, Boredfrom
(10-03-2026, 11:30 AM)Steven Snell wrote: The weekly hey look at me buying fatty food thread from Uzzy. Also that very feminine hand...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rate-my-%C2%A39-50-lunch.1650220/
Quote:Chicken Gyros, tzatziki, tomatoes, onions and chips, all in a pitta.
Here it is unwrapped.
So damn tasty. Can't even complain about the lack of chip spice.
(10-03-2026, 05:34 AM)yetanotheraccountholyf wrote: (10-02-2026, 09:54 PM)BananaBlast wrote: jinxFRML wrote: Azure94 wrote:So this is just the new thing right now huh? AI modding? Hate it. Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:So sick of AI modding already Log! wrote:This mod gets stupider the more I read about it and I already hate this era of throwing money at AI and wishing these things into existence. Are the other mashup mods in the main thread on Era just doing the same thing? Captain_Pancake wrote:Thats cute and all for 5 seconds but it doesnt seem to work in a meaningful way BradBury wrote:This looks so bad holly shit, every time Spidey has to touch something it looks like a bad photoshop Twig wrote:this sucks
remember when mods were fun and good Mechaplum wrote:What does this accomplish other than "lol look at spidey is visually in a batman game lolol"? joyfoolish wrote:AI is a weapon used for evil and don't care if it can also be used to make dumb video game mods. Fuck all of it. Cheat Code wrote:The stupid bullshit is going to kill the modding scene in addition to killing the Earth, quality of living and people's brain cells. None of these empty critiques from these stupid fucking souless AI-derangement parasites matter. This is clearly some kind of early alpha test that looks hella impressive, regardless of how much AI was used or not. Nobody could've imagined this two or three years ago.
Doesn't matter how much progress is made, how impressive it is, or the limitless potential abound. The stubborn mules already have their sheep minds made up. And then in the end, when their hollow critiques fall apart or get washed over, they'll just parrot "w-well you're just supporting the evil fascist slop machine that's killing the planet! "
i’m tired of all the AI slop myself but some of the impressive things got era like
![[Image: the-original-unedited-version-of-the-lit...82574cc2e8]](https://preview.redd.it/the-original-unedited-version-of-the-literal-coolest-thing-v0-uvz79asj3vaf1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=b66aef509d47c40f4ac59347c4396682574cc2e8)
When it gets to other gameplay it actually does start looking like shit. Spiderman is pasted over the game like a green screen, always in the foreground
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-employee-is-chronically-late-most-mornings-unsure-if-i-should-let-them-go-at-this-point.1650271/
Quote:I'm in my first management position, still new to this, and this is the first real "situation" I'm dealing with and not sure what would be fair or not fair here.
The position is a front desk receptionist role, and this person started a little over 60 days ago, so we're about 2/3 of the way through the probationary period. They have been late on the majority of work days - I have everything documented and logged. Not every day, but >70% of the time, they're late by 10, 15, sometimes 20 minutes or more. This is a job where we need the person in their chair, at the desk, ready when the phones come off the hook at 8 AM, and they're walking into the building between 8:10 and 8:20 AM (meaning getting to their desk, logging in, getting situated and ready to work is several minutes later after that).
After 3 weeks, I had a sit down with this person and expressed that they need to start arriving at 8 AM like everyone else, especially given their position at the front desk with answering and coordinating phone calls from patients. They didn't give a reason for their lateness (I didn't ask, so that's fine), and they basically said OK. Things didn't improve, almost as if the conversation never happened. So this went on for a few more weeks.
Then around week 6, on a clinic day when we had patients, they didn't arrive until 8:20 AM - patients were already being seen, roomed, with other staff having to be pulled off their roles to cover the front desk and check people in. The Direction of Ops came to me that afternoon pissed asking where this new employee was, and I mentioned that I've already addressed it with them but will do so again. So later that day, I pull them into my office, and again gave them the same talk I gave at week 3 - that we need them there at 8 AM sharp, and that the current arrival times aren't fair to other staff and aren't acceptable. They understood, said OK.
For the next week, they had perfect attendance. I thought the issue was resolved and this was no longer a thing that had to be dealt with.
Then with week 8 (about 10 days ago), this person started arriving late again. And yesterday was the worst instance by far, with this employee arriving at 8:40 AM after 6 patients had already been checked in, roomed, seen, and checked-out (again, with other staff being pulled up front to cover). And when they arrived and walked through the door at 8:40 AM, it wasn't like they were rushing to the front desk apologizing to everyone - they arrived, went to the back kitchen, spent like 5-10 minutes back there making a cappuccino, and then finally made their way to their desk.
Director of Ops talked to me yesterday afternoon, asked me again what the issues was, and I've said I've addressed this twice now. He told me to let him know by Monday at the end of the day whether we're moving on or not as we're 2/3 of the way through the probationary period (~60 days).
I'm not going to mention anything about performance, because I just want to ask strictly about the attendance with no other influencing factors.
Is it reasonable to let this person go at this point based strictly on the attendance pattern?
All the replies say to fire them. I knew Era was full of corporate bootlickers.  That person should be able to show up whenever they feel like it. Fuck capitalism!
12 users liked this post: Cheers, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Greatness Gone, benji, Taco Bell Tower, Potato, Orange Juice Box, Hap Shaughnessy, TacoWallace, Boredfrom, BIONIC, MJBarret
(10-03-2026, 11:30 AM)Steven Snell wrote: The weekly hey look at me buying fatty food thread from Uzzy. Also that very feminine hand...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rate-my-%C2%A39-50-lunch.1650220/
Quote:Chicken Gyros, tzatziki, tomatoes, onions and chips, all in a pitta.
Here it is unwrapped.
So damn tasty. Can't even complain about the lack of chip spice.
that fuckin thumb
Finally something interesting from entremet-bot.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-retina-got-detached.1650214/
Quote:So I was out last night and notice that my right eye lost vision super quickly. Like a window shade over it. I'm left eye dominant so I thought I got something in my eye.
But it's almost like I went blind super quickly. Not messing around I went to an emergency room and the doctor believes this is the case. He said I was smart for acting fast. I will need emergency surgery in two days. Holy crap. That said, he says my visions may not be negatively affected since I cause it early. Apparently this is a medical emergency type of thing. I gotta do some pre-op prep this weekend. A physical and bloodwork. If both are good. Surgery is super fast.
So, if you lose vision real quickly in one of both eyes, go the doctor ASAP.
I never knew this thing was a thing. So just spreading awarneness. I had eye surgery as a kid in the same eye. Apparently, that makes more susceptible to one. Blunt trauma is another. So is general aging.
Protect your eyes.
(10-03-2026, 03:42 PM)killamajig wrote: Finally something interesting from entremet-bot.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-retina-got-detached.1650214/
Quote:So I was out last night and notice that my right eye lost vision super quickly. Like a window shade over it. I'm left eye dominant so I thought I got something in my eye.
But it's almost like I went blind super quickly. Not messing around I went to an emergency room and the doctor believes this is the case. He said I was smart for acting fast. I will need emergency surgery in two days. Holy crap. That said, he says my visions may not be negatively affected since I cause it early. Apparently this is a medical emergency type of thing. I gotta do some pre-op prep this weekend. A physical and bloodwork. If both are good. Surgery is super fast.
So, if you lose vision real quickly in one of both eyes, go the doctor ASAP.
I never knew this thing was a thing. So just spreading awarneness. I had eye surgery as a kid in the same eye. Apparently, that makes more susceptible to one. Blunt trauma is another. So is general aging.
Protect your eyes.
Going to emergency room for eye issues is usually a BAD idea. Most ERs don’t have any eye specialists on staff and things can go south quickly. For example, a patient at one of the places I worked went to the ER for a badly scratched cornea, they gave the patient numbing drops and said follow up with an eye doctor. The patient put in those drops every 15 minutes when pain came back and by the time they saw our doctor their cornea had basically melted.
For this specific instance, retinal detachments are very serious and need to be treated within 24 hours for any realistic chance of getting vision back to normal. Every eye doctor I worked for made sure that each employee knew basic triage in this instance. If a patient called with symptoms of retinal detachment you told them to come in immediately and we’ll squeeze them in. One of the doctors even said he didn’t care if it was 3am on a Sunday morning he’ll get out of bed and see a patient for this. Fun fact, treatment for retinal detachment involves a gas bubble injected into your eye and then you get to lay face down for a week or so. Expect a follow up post when he discovers that he won’t be able to do shit for a week and wants advice on what to listen to while he recovers.
But in all seriousness an actual informative post from the bot for a change, most people don’t know this can happen or how urgent treatment is.
11 users liked this post: Cheers, yetanotheraccountholyf, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Greatness Gone, saltygeneraltso, benji, killamajig, Taco Bell Tower, Alpacx, BIONIC, HaughtyFrank
(10-03-2026, 11:30 AM)Steven Snell wrote: The weekly hey look at me buying fatty food thread from Uzzy. Also that very feminine hand...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rate-my-%C2%A39-50-lunch.1650220/
Quote:Chicken Gyros, tzatziki, tomatoes, onions and chips, all in a pitta.
Here it is unwrapped.
So damn tasty. Can't even complain about the lack of chip spice. Looks more like a hoof
(10-03-2026, 03:19 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-employee-is-chronically-late-most-mornings-unsure-if-i-should-let-them-go-at-this-point.1650271/
Quote:I'm in my first management position, still new to this, and this is the first real "situation" I'm dealing with and not sure what would be fair or not fair here.
The position is a front desk receptionist role, and this person started a little over 60 days ago, so we're about 2/3 of the way through the probationary period. They have been late on the majority of work days - I have everything documented and logged. Not every day, but >70% of the time, they're late by 10, 15, sometimes 20 minutes or more. This is a job where we need the person in their chair, at the desk, ready when the phones come off the hook at 8 AM, and they're walking into the building between 8:10 and 8:20 AM (meaning getting to their desk, logging in, getting situated and ready to work is several minutes later after that).
After 3 weeks, I had a sit down with this person and expressed that they need to start arriving at 8 AM like everyone else, especially given their position at the front desk with answering and coordinating phone calls from patients. They didn't give a reason for their lateness (I didn't ask, so that's fine), and they basically said OK. Things didn't improve, almost as if the conversation never happened. So this went on for a few more weeks.
Then around week 6, on a clinic day when we had patients, they didn't arrive until 8:20 AM - patients were already being seen, roomed, with other staff having to be pulled off their roles to cover the front desk and check people in. The Direction of Ops came to me that afternoon pissed asking where this new employee was, and I mentioned that I've already addressed it with them but will do so again. So later that day, I pull them into my office, and again gave them the same talk I gave at week 3 - that we need them there at 8 AM sharp, and that the current arrival times aren't fair to other staff and aren't acceptable. They understood, said OK.
For the next week, they had perfect attendance. I thought the issue was resolved and this was no longer a thing that had to be dealt with.
Then with week 8 (about 10 days ago), this person started arriving late again. And yesterday was the worst instance by far, with this employee arriving at 8:40 AM after 6 patients had already been checked in, roomed, seen, and checked-out (again, with other staff being pulled up front to cover). And when they arrived and walked through the door at 8:40 AM, it wasn't like they were rushing to the front desk apologizing to everyone - they arrived, went to the back kitchen, spent like 5-10 minutes back there making a cappuccino, and then finally made their way to their desk.
Director of Ops talked to me yesterday afternoon, asked me again what the issues was, and I've said I've addressed this twice now. He told me to let him know by Monday at the end of the day whether we're moving on or not as we're 2/3 of the way through the probationary period (~60 days).
I'm not going to mention anything about performance, because I just want to ask strictly about the attendance with no other influencing factors.
Is it reasonable to let this person go at this point based strictly on the attendance pattern?
All the replies say to fire them. I knew Era was full of corporate bootlickers. That person should be able to show up whenever they feel like it. Fuck capitalism!
Honestly I'd fire this "manager" too. Everything about this post (including the fact it exists) tells me they're not qualified for the position they somehow got.
(10-03-2026, 01:36 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Gemüsepizza wrote:Quote:"Zionists control the media"
"Zionists control political leaders like puppets"
"Zionists are blood thirsty baby killers"
"Zionists are capable of and sneaky enough to fake near terrorist attacks with over 100 witnesses and trackable flight data to control the narrative"
"Zionism is the dark force behind all the evils of the world"
- Right-wing billionaires control large portions of the media, and many of those are actually Christian. Stating this is not antisemitic in any way.
- The Netanjahu government and conservative organisations use threats, bribes and possibly blackmail to influence politics around the globe, especially in the US. Information about the amount spent for bribes is literally publicly available, see https://www.trackaipac.com/ for example. Again, not antisemitic.
- The Israeli government has brutally murdered over 20,000 children in the last 3 years, which, as far as we know, is massively undercounted. We have credible reports and proof (pictures, X-rays) from International doctors who are part of reputable NGOs that say that Israel has explicitly targeted countless children by, for example, shooting them in the head and genitals.
- This is not an antisemitic trope.
- Nobody claims that.
Quote:These are things you see regularly out there. Replace Zionist with Jew and this stuff has been going on for centuries.
Replacing words with completely different words changes the meaning, good job. What kind of logic is that? Do you know what actually is antisemitic, even according to the right-wing IHRA definition that's being used by the Israeli government? Conflating Jewish people with Israel.
Quote:I don't think it's a conspiracy to think that the world's #1 sponsor of terror might have sponsored terror but I did say "something along those lines". I do suppose gross incompetence could explain it but I would prefer not to think such things are even possible because I like flying.
It sure sounds like one when you are making stuff up with zero proof, repeating right-wing talking points about "the world's #1 sponsor of terror" won't change that. Speaking of terror, it also doesn't change the fact, that it is the United States of America who have killed millions of innocent people through their actions in the last few decades, not Iran. https://www.resetera.com/threads/09-30-dubai-to-israel-flight-diverted-after-one-pilot-stabs-the-other-passengers-had-to-help-tie-attacker-down-plane-dropped-14-000ft-in-30-second.1646845/post-161327776
User banned (1 month): antisemitism
They already forced one of the few people calling them out to apologize. Spineduke is a fucking rat.
spineduke wrote:Karish conflated Judaism and Zionism to argue against antizionists, and given their past comments about loving Israel, I don't think you should assume they are arguing in good faith. Zionism is a cudgel being used to persecute and genocide people. If you can condemn Wahhabism then you have it in you to reject Zionism in equal parts
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-how-the-term-zionist-has-become-an-acceptable-slur-especially-on-social-media.816108/
Quote:The actual definition of Zionism is the belief that Jews have a right to self-determination in their ancestral land, Israel.
Zionism is an ideology that encompasses many different viewpoints. For some, it's an excuse to commit settler colonialism and abuse the Palestinians and other people living there. There are also Zionists who oppose the settlements and believe in equal rights for everyone there. That does not stop either party from defining themselves as Zionists, because fundamentally, it fits the agreed definition of Zionism.
Even nutjobs like the Neturei Karta (nutjobs for different reasons unrelated to Israel) who are strongly anti-Israel, are still zionist, even if the media paints them otherwise. They just believe Israel shouldn't exist until the Messiah arrives.
The ideology of Zionism has always been tied to Judaism since the biblical story of Moses. I'm sure this will be familiar to any Jew out there who's celebrated the Passover holiday, but the phrase uttered at the end of the seder "Next year in Jerusalem" has been uttered for thousands of years for a reason.
My favorite thing is when I see people going "I support a two-state solution for the region, and fuck deh Zionists" when supporting a two-state solution would make you a Zionist by definition, seeing as one of those states is Israel.
Lastly, a lot of antisemites do use the term zionists as a dogwhistle for jews, basically ever since the "Protocol of the Elders of Zion" was published. If you want to criticize people for supporting or turning a blind eye to the displacement and killing of Palestinians, just say that instead of using a loaded term that means different things to various people.
10-03-2026, 06:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2026, 06:13 PM by Nintex.)
sounds like he's a racist forcing his white supremacist views on a PoC.
Quote:I've ready every single post and appreciate the input, seems unanimous. I'll let them go on Monday.
I guess when I used to read these threads online in the past I'd always be "lol yeah fire their ass", but when you're in the chair making the decisions and dealing with these situations directly that affect real people, especially as someone new to this, it feels a bit different.
If anything he should be fired.
Quote:So yeah, I probably messed up here by giving them to much slack.
No you messed up by not giving this employee the time and space they need to get used to their new job and not have Hitler for a boss.
Anyway I doubt he will actually fire this person. My best guess is when they sit down he won't have the balls to do it.
My boss didn't either. In the end the government issued the permits to allow the lay off of 3 permanent employees much quicker than he anticipated and immediately informed the workers involved they would be fired. They asked him what the point of him flailing about for 6 months was if the outcome was the same anyway and he stormed out angry.
Anyway if it was a lazy white guy the ResetEra poster would not talk about "they" and "this person" and it's a typical desk job for a female employee. He's about to fire a woman of color.
10-03-2026, 06:27 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2026, 06:29 PM by Boredfrom.)
What kills me is that they take issue with the anti semitism label rather than the Iran apology.
Quote:It sure sounds like one when you are making stuff up with zero proof, repeating right-wing talking points about "the world's #1 sponsor of terror" won't change that.
They even dared to write “what he did say that it was wrong?”
Piece of shit rotten forum.
10-03-2026, 06:44 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2026, 06:44 PM by Hap Shaughnessy.)
(10-03-2026, 11:30 AM)Steven Snell wrote: The weekly hey look at me buying fatty food thread from Uzzy. Also that very feminine hand...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rate-my-%C2%A39-50-lunch.1650220/
Quote:Chicken Gyros, tzatziki, tomatoes, onions and chips, all in a pitta.
Here it is unwrapped.
So damn tasty. Can't even complain about the lack of chip spice. Nicotine stains?
(10-03-2026, 03:19 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-employee-is-chronically-late-most-mornings-unsure-if-i-should-let-them-go-at-this-point.1650271/
Quote:I'm in my first management position, still new to this, and this is the first real "situation" I'm dealing with and not sure what would be fair or not fair here.
The position is a front desk receptionist role, and this person started a little over 60 days ago, so we're about 2/3 of the way through the probationary period. They have been late on the majority of work days - I have everything documented and logged. Not every day, but >70% of the time, they're late by 10, 15, sometimes 20 minutes or more. This is a job where we need the person in their chair, at the desk, ready when the phones come off the hook at 8 AM, and they're walking into the building between 8:10 and 8:20 AM (meaning getting to their desk, logging in, getting situated and ready to work is several minutes later after that).
After 3 weeks, I had a sit down with this person and expressed that they need to start arriving at 8 AM like everyone else, especially given their position at the front desk with answering and coordinating phone calls from patients. They didn't give a reason for their lateness (I didn't ask, so that's fine), and they basically said OK. Things didn't improve, almost as if the conversation never happened. So this went on for a few more weeks.
Then around week 6, on a clinic day when we had patients, they didn't arrive until 8:20 AM - patients were already being seen, roomed, with other staff having to be pulled off their roles to cover the front desk and check people in. The Direction of Ops came to me that afternoon pissed asking where this new employee was, and I mentioned that I've already addressed it with them but will do so again. So later that day, I pull them into my office, and again gave them the same talk I gave at week 3 - that we need them there at 8 AM sharp, and that the current arrival times aren't fair to other staff and aren't acceptable. They understood, said OK.
For the next week, they had perfect attendance. I thought the issue was resolved and this was no longer a thing that had to be dealt with.
Then with week 8 (about 10 days ago), this person started arriving late again. And yesterday was the worst instance by far, with this employee arriving at 8:40 AM after 6 patients had already been checked in, roomed, seen, and checked-out (again, with other staff being pulled up front to cover). And when they arrived and walked through the door at 8:40 AM, it wasn't like they were rushing to the front desk apologizing to everyone - they arrived, went to the back kitchen, spent like 5-10 minutes back there making a cappuccino, and then finally made their way to their desk.
Director of Ops talked to me yesterday afternoon, asked me again what the issues was, and I've said I've addressed this twice now. He told me to let him know by Monday at the end of the day whether we're moving on or not as we're 2/3 of the way through the probationary period (~60 days).
I'm not going to mention anything about performance, because I just want to ask strictly about the attendance with no other influencing factors.
Is it reasonable to let this person go at this point based strictly on the attendance pattern?
All the replies say to fire them. I knew Era was full of corporate bootlickers. That person should be able to show up whenever they feel like it. Fuck capitalism!
In fact, that person should be able to not show up at all and still get paid. If they can't do that, then this is truly a corporate hellscape full of colonialism, capitalism and white supremacy.
10-03-2026, 08:43 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2026, 08:43 PM by HaughtyFrank.)
(10-03-2026, 06:27 PM)Boredfrom wrote: What kills me is that they take issue with the anti semitism label rather than the Iran apology.
Quote:It sure sounds like one when you are making stuff up with zero proof, repeating right-wing talking points about "the world's #1 sponsor of terror" won't change that.
They even dared to write “what he did say that it was wrong?” 
Piece of shit rotten forum.
Also funny how they all got activated the second someone said that the amount of conspiracy theories is starting to look antisemitic. That's when they really took offense, not the conspiracy theories themselves.
Mind you, those are the same people who just weeks ago called everyone Islamophobic for disliking Hasan.
(10-03-2026, 03:13 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: When it gets to other gameplay it actually does start looking like shit. Spiderman is pasted over the game like a green screen, always in the foreground
......Okay maybe that one guy was right.
We need more data centers and money to fix this $5 trillion will do
Y'all created that society where rape isn't possible yet? No? Yeah, let me know when y'all decide to get serious and become willing to undergo the praxis necessary to bring about these developments.
Just report the posts as Islamophobic. It's not like the staff will know enough to distinguish.
(10-03-2026, 01:46 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Robotoboy wrote:Quote:Nepenthe post
One of the biggest reasons I love these statements is language... Nepenthe uses normal, reasonable, and effective communicative language, and their post is far more powerful and effective in my opinion at getting to the root of the issue.
See the empire we currently accept as a base reality with no question --- which as Nepenthe basically points out --- IS the problem here. Period. People want to wax about this guys ability to work, and his merits because they aren't even considering the overall system that allows this shit to happen on the regular.
(READ NEPENTHE'S POSTS)
Where as Jacob himself and that article use what I can only describe as "corporate" speak (I call it imperial register) to mask and misdirect their intent. The article that was praised said nothing of value, nothing different from all the other people going "but he was a good boy, and he said he was sorry... so I feel conflicted about damning him to a life of exile you know?"
They literally said the same thing as many others said, and to me when somebody goes "this captured my thoughts perfectly!" I feel like people aren't even able to see that. Geller also uses language...
...and this post shows that. I am so tired of people falling for word-jiutsu, and just seeing people go "Look how smart they are! They must be right!" because they used a ridiculous vocab to "communicate"... (the "concur" in his apology really filled me with rage if I'm honest) https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/post-161340376 Nepenthe's post is so jargon-filled that it's incomprehensible to anyone who isn't already familar with Marxist-corporate-speak and even then she's such a bad writer and poor thinker that it's still incomprehensible and meaningless when it isn't being tautological once you strip away the excess verbage. The last thing it is normal, reasonable or effective language. It's literally a post that makes dumb people go "Look how smart they are! They must be right!" because they aped a ridiculous vocab of existing morons who have never been right about anything but continue to stan some 19th Century white European dudes because it gives them the moral authority (with morons) to make unreasonable demands as cover for merely being anti-social and violent.
Apathy, post: 161351578, member: 668 wrote:Can we get a tag or OT for people posting their food threads. Recently there's been a bunch of "rate my $£€X.XX meal". Can they just be put into one thread or a tag to ignore these threads?
Shots fired in constructive
13 users liked this post: Hap Shaughnessy, Cheers, NekoFever, yetanotheraccountholyf, benji, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Vertigo, killamajig, BIONIC, Orange Juice Box, simiansmarts, Let's Cyber, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kelly-clarkson-decides-to-announce-that-she-loves-ai-but-doesnt-think-that-ai-artists-should-compete-on-charts-against-human-artists.1650577/#post-161361112
Royalan wrote:Kelly, the whole reason you are who you are and you've achieved what you've achieved is because you've worked for it.
This idea that anybody who wants something should just have it…I don't know, I don't vibe with it.
Artists, creatives, singers…these are skills and disciplines that people have to work for. I just don't see how AI doesn't completely devalue that human experience.
Does this motherfatherfucker even listen to Nepenthe when she lectures about dialectical materialism?
Yesterday, 02:46 AM
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 02:47 AM by BIONIC.)
(Yesterday, 02:19 AM)Lonewulfeus wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kelly-clarkson-decides-to-announce-that-she-loves-ai-but-doesnt-think-that-ai-artists-should-compete-on-charts-against-human-artists.1650577/#post-161361112
Royalan wrote:Kelly, the whole reason you are who you are and you've achieved what you've achieved is because you've worked for it.
This idea that anybody who wants something should just have it…I don't know, I don't vibe with it.
Artists, creatives, singers…these are skills and disciplines that people have to work for. I just don't see how AI doesn't completely devalue that human experience.
Does this motherfatherfucker even listen to Nepenthe when she lectures about dialectical materialism? 
Does anyone?
*benji not included
Yesterday, 05:39 AM
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 05:41 AM by benji.)
Nepenthe actually drifts into the standard Marxist mandate that people should have to labor to have something. She just broadly defines labor to where it means doing anything you want even if nobody wants it, like Lucio fanfiction porn. In the case of artists she agrees completely with Royalan there that you should have to have to labor to be an artist and anyone being able to just create something by typing it in is an offense and theft from everyone who labors.
Neither she nor Royalan places any value on the people who labor for the AI models to be able to do that. The people who developed the models, the people who developed the hardware, the people who construct the hardware, the people who maintain the hardware, etc. Same as they dismiss the labor behind things they rely on like Google (YouTube), Apple, and Era itself (Amazon). They're all just scabs stealing from the caste who matters: coincidentally the cast they place themselves in.
Their fundamental objection to capitalism is that the value of everything is decided by others, they want it decided by themselves. They turn to socialism because they're idiots who think it's the opposite in every way of capitalism, not that it's doubling down on a specific conception of capitalism, monopolizing the decider of value in the single corporation that runs society rather than anywhere there's individuals who want what you produce. They're just narcissists so they assume they personally will be running the state and making those decisions rather than some chud or TERF or techbro.
Yesterday, 06:05 AM
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 06:08 AM by benji.)
Praising a fucking Nazi and some other Nazi at a Nazi bar:
I don't think he's really that fat considering:
Another day of annihilating chuds and immediately deleting tweets:
Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide)
(Yesterday, 06:26 AM)who is ted danson? wrote:
Nintex’s next holiday is settled
|