(09-25-2026, 03:08 PM)nachobro wrote: jesus christ these people are complete faggots. ive watched like a million hours of bluey over the years with the kid and sure its good compared to most kid shows but its not whatever emotional rollercoaster they are making it out to be.
(09-26-2026, 06:57 PM)benji wrote: (09-25-2026, 01:58 PM)Ethan wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt%E2%80%99s-100-best-tv-shows-of-the-21st-century.1643149/ This does remind me that a show like Dexter, which made the list, became more and more popular as the show's quality drastically declined.  Many people caught up watching the first few seasons on Netflix, and then the viewership numbers for the new season premieres and finales grew and grew. 5-8 are mostly awful, but their numbers were great.
In the end, the most watched episode of the entire series was the season 8 finale, which ended up also being the most reviled.
(09-26-2026, 07:27 PM)benji wrote:
20 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, JoeBoy101, Chumbawumbafan69, simiansmarts, Cheers, MJBarret, Vertigo, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Orange Juice Box, Mask, Straight Edge, Greatness Gone, yetanotheraccountholyf, benji, Taco Bell Tower, killamajig, BIONIC, NekoFever, Lonewulfeus, HaughtyFrank
09-26-2026, 08:29 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2026, 08:40 PM by Let's Cyber.)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/godzilla-minus-zero-impressions-rolling-in-from-early-press-screening-joins-terminator-2-and-the-dark-knight-as-greatest-sequels-ever-made.1644145/
Prepare for the biggest wokescolds on Era to talk down to everyone for enjoying this JAPANESE MILITARY APOLOGIA
Unless a character looks directly into the camera and tells me the Imperial Japanese Army committed mass atrocities in WWII, then the movie is clearly jingoist propaganda.
The only normal bluey watcher
i had the same exact thought watching that episode
(09-26-2026, 08:30 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: The only normal bluey watcher
Quote:@BD-nb5sj
1 year ago
Did he forget the moment the buyers pulled out beforehand? Like that was the entire point, is that Bandit heard the deal fell through because of a pool. Then he rips the sign up.
Quote:@SadisticAngel1
1 year ago
NL is wrong on this one. The buyers backed out because they found a house with a pool! If anything the buyers lost any earnest money they put down on the house.
Quote:@GSpacmanvice
1 year ago
The OG buyers buy Wintons house instead, and he and his dad move in with the Terriors. They really wanted a pool lol.
Quote:@davidlazerz8564
1 year ago
Imagine ranting about what happens in a show but not actually watching the show and realizing your rant is completely incorrect. The people buying their house backed out because they saw a different house with a pool.
Nothing more intellectually lazy than making things up about shows and then getting mad about it.
 No longer getting my Bluey analysis from this dude.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/godzilla-minus-zero-impressions-rolling-in-from-early-press-screening-joins-terminator-2-and-the-dark-knight-as-greatest-sequels-ever-made.1644145/#post-161068531
Natsume Soseki wrote:Would people be excited about a film about poor Nazis in the aftermath of WW2 who are able to finally win a war by defeating a kaiju? Because that's basically what these movies are. Just baffling.
11 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, Chumbawumbafan69, Cheers, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, filler, HaughtyFrank, Taco Bell Tower, NekoFever, Boredfrom, benji, Let's Cyber
Quote:@HoodedSpidey
2 days ago
"All this sudden hate for MAN 2026 is so forced. I'm Having a Blast!"
11 users liked this post: Chumbawumbafan69, simiansmarts, MJBarret, Vertigo, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Straight Edge, yetanotheraccountholyf, HaughtyFrank, DavidCroquet, BIONIC, Boredfrom
(05-21-2026, 06:12 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: (04-11-2026, 12:51 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://thebire.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=177593&highlight=Jombie#pid177593
https://thebire.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=178608&highlight=Jombie#pid178608
https://thebire.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=177709&highlight=Jombie#pid177709
https://www.resetera.com/threads/separated-from-wife.1488400/
Jombie wrote:My wife and I separated more than a month ago, and we're not going to reconcile. It's been absolutely crushing. I don't have any friends, no one to lean on, I haven't been this alone since high school. I've never been this lonely in my life. I have really severe depression, and there's just no one to talk to. It's horrible.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/separated-from-wife.1488400/#post-153644050
Jombie wrote:She put me through a lot of emotional abuse, and I'm glad to be away from that, but I think all the time about what the hell happened. I'm definitely done with relationships.
She had worn me down. There came a time where she began to be really critical of me and that turned into blow ups. She would text me non stop when I was at work, I would dread going home and she would usually let me have it when I got there. I started to withdraw from her and she could never really understand why, it was just about what she needed from me and I was going my best. She was really hateful and mean to me. I had always been told by friends that I was a caring, gentle person but she's made me feel like a monster.
It's a very sad situation, for her as well. I've always felt like I've never been good enough and that's been validated, so I'm just going to be by myself. The lack of support is difficult, however.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-also-not-feel-like-they%E2%80%99re-an-adult.1495453/page-3#post-153952900
Jombie wrote:I'm separated and living with my mom, so no. The loneliness and anxiety is unbearable and life isn't worth living. Good times
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eric-kripke-reacts-to-%E2%80%98the-boys%E2%80%99-accidentally-predicting-trump%E2%80%99s-gold-statue-%E2%80%9Cseriously-what-the-f-ck-%E2%80%9D.1515535/page-2#post-154787341
Jombie wrote:It would be funny if it weren't so depressing. I don't laugh much these days.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-just%E2%80%A6-tired-of-life.1517557/page-2#post-154904902
Jombie wrote:Very. Wife and I separated a couple of months ago, and it's been really tough. My work is hard, and I'm so tired and fatigued every day that I can't think straight. Just nothing to look forward to; I wake up with anxiety every morning. All in a world that's become too stupid end cruel for me to come to terms with. I just can't believe how things turned out for me.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/oil-markets-could-be-a-month-away-from-the-moment-of-truth-brace-for-a-%E2%80%98non-linear%E2%80%99-price-spike-and-panic-buying-analysts-warn.1522474/page-2#post-155064613
Jombie wrote:It's really going to hurt my job. I wouldn't doubt if we had lay offs because of this. The world and life just fucking sucks.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/posting-whatever-you-want-ot-there-should-be-a-thread-for-posting-whatever-you-want.1574722/page-8#post-160769005
Jombie wrote:Bit of a bummer, but I'm having a tough time. My wife doesn't treat me very well, and I ended up reaching out to the domestic abuse hotline.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/posting-whatever-you-want-ot-there-should-be-a-thread-for-posting-whatever-you-want.1574722/page-8#post-160775134
Jombie wrote:Eman wrote:sounds very emotional. that's rough, good luck to you Jombie. hopefully you have or can find some good company apart from the wife that you can rely on
edit: you could always make a thread if you want some broader community support. I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to offer a kind word or advice on this board. You can make it "member's only" if you want it to be fairly private (only registered accounts can see it) I'm just having a hard time with everything. The only positive is that I know for certain that's what's happening now.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/posting-whatever-you-want-ot-there-should-be-a-thread-for-posting-whatever-you-want.1574722/page-8#post-160953442
Jombie wrote:I get depressed and anxious when my wife is headed home because I'm afraid she'll be mean to me. That's fucked up, right,?
Jombie wrote:B-Dubs wrote:Is she mean to you or is it just silly anxiety? I've had to reach out to the domestic abuse hotline recently. And yeah, she's being mean to me.
Jombie wrote:Eman wrote:Yeah, that's fucked up alright. She asked why I haven't been talking to her and I told her I'm afraid to say much because everything makes her mad. Her response? "Okay". I've been sick, she gets home and declares that she thinks her kidneys are failing because she has to be sicker than me. Just ridiculous shit.
09-26-2026, 08:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2026, 08:59 PM by Boredfrom.)
(09-26-2026, 08:38 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/godzilla-minus-zero-impressions-rolling-in-from-early-press-screening-joins-terminator-2-and-the-dark-knight-as-greatest-sequels-ever-made.1644145/#post-161068531
Natsume Soseki wrote:Would people be excited about a film about poor Nazis in the aftermath of WW2 who are able to finally win a war by defeating a kaiju? Because that's basically what these movies are. Just baffling. 
Isn’t this in the OG Godzilla film?
(09-07-2026, 07:40 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: I had never seen the face of, resetera favorite, thoughtslime before (09-07-2026, 11:49 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: people unironically watch thought slime. I'll actually give a charitable amount of credit to a Hasan fan before I consider a Thought Slime viewer an actual person.
Quote:@beylethdirons2160
1 day ago
The fundamental struggle of our day is reality vs ideology, and accepting the reality of the world. I love that you bring up that wider issue.
Quote:@garveybrown3891
7 days ago
God I fucking love a half-hour plus ThoughtSlime video. Ugh I’m so psyched to see how comprehensively and intuitively you present the chosen concepts and ideas. Praise be to the eyeballs for today I will have much to ponder and pursue further learning on. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
Quote:@Aware_Bear
19 hours ago
I love the outfit.
Its giving librarian who gives good recommendations.
Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide) Quote:@cuddleslut66
1 day ago
THANK YOU! People who shut it up with "it's basic science" need to understand the "basic" part of that statement - it's meant for kids so as to not overwhelm them with too much detail. But eventually they are expected to learn intermediate and then advanced science.
@ACAB.forcutie
20 hours ago
No, please stop validating this narrative. You learn about chromosomal differences at the same time you learn about chromosomes. They just failed high school biology.
@STM-q7j
16 hours ago
My cognitively disabled brother can even understand I'm nonbinary, it's like how Luffy can be a pirate and have super powers at the same time. he's cool.
Quote:@jaelikesjackalopes
19 hours ago
The idea that "basic middle school biology" is somehow more correct than all of the science that comes after that absolutely baffles me. Like, ok, tell me what you studied in college and I'll tell you the oversimplified version I learned in middle school. It's like saying calculus isn't real because it wasn't covered in Algebra 1. I also feel very strongly that the phrase "gender ideology" sounds like it would be describing the ideology that gender not only exists but is binary and rigid, so like, their ideology.
@rippledred
19 hours ago
It's really just a front for:
"I've been conditioned to think very rigidly about sex and gender, and non-conformity makes me feel yucky and weird."
Quote:@Sam_on_YouTube
1 day ago (edited)
I'm a cis man who does not meet one of the common definitions of "male." Specifically, I don't produce small gametes. I don't produce any at all. A rare condition I didn't know about until I tried to have kids. We needed a donor.
These conditions are rare. But there's a LOT of them. And they add up to pretty common situations. And most people with them don't know unless it happens to come up. An XY female with testosterone resistance, for example, would often go undiagnosed and just live a normal life as a woman.
And that's just sex. Gender is a whole other spectrum on top of that.
Quote:@dragonslair951167
1 day ago
So, I identify as non-binary. The idea of being a boy makes me very uncomfortable. The idea of being a girl also makes me uncomfortable. The idea of being neither, on the other hand, makes me happy. This is something I have tested and confirmed with myself, too many times to count.
If this were a scientific experiment, that would be the end of it.
Instead, we have people insisting, without a shred of irony, that they know better than me what kind of gender I would be happier being, despite the fact that I spent decades being unhappy as my birth gender, and now consciously reject it on a daily basis. They insist that I should just ignore the visceral disgust I feel every time I think about being my birth gender, ignore my own happiness at my current gender, and just take their word for it on all this, despite all evidence to the contrary.
There’s nothing scientific about that.
Quote:@TheDizzyDungeoneer
1 day ago
People also act like things like intersexualuty are way more rare than they are. There are just as many known intersex individuals as people with red hair. Like people act like 1 in 100 isn't a lot when we have a population of 8 billion people on the planet.
@The-Trans-Starwalker
23 hours ago
and even if intersex people were more rare it wouldnt change the fact that their existanse blows a hole in the "sex is binary male and female" theory they have. one counter example just one would
@TheDizzyDungeoneer
22 hours ago
EXACTLY I only found out I'm intersex recently and its frankly really reaffirming of my nonbinary gender identity. I just find it crazy people tend to think we're rarer than we are
Quote:@cloudycolacorp
1 day ago
Feels crazy having the 2000s evolution debate again but this time with something that can cause so much direct harm to people.
@cautiousadvance
1 day ago
and the atheists and debate bros who were passionately arguing against creationism back then are now on the other side, arguing passionately in favor of the unscientific and religious position! its a funny old world.
 at this last one.
Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide) Quote:@TrevorChester-j5b
20 hours ago
In humans, sex is determined by the presence or absence of a Y chromosome in your DNA. There are no exceptions to this rule. Intersex people are still either male or female on the basis of whether or not they have a Y chromosome.
@sallybanner
18 hours ago
thanks for the update, trev. Next year when you start high school, you can tell us about what else you've learned
@TrevorChester-j5b
18 hours ago
Did I say something that was incorrect? If so, what did I say that was incorrect? 🤔
@diligentcircle
14 hours ago
Either you're a child, have the knowledge level of a child, or more likely, you're being deliberately obtuse. Chances are you don't even know what chromosomes you have; it's very rare for chromosomes to be tested. Sex gets assigned at birth based on the physical appearance of gentials and nothing else. So if your definition of "male" is "any individual with a Y chromosome" and your definition of "female" is "any individual without a Y chromosome", the vast majority of the population doesn't know what their sex is. That is also not how anyone in the real world defines sex; if you were assigned male at birth and identify as a man, but a chromosome test found that you had no Y chromosomes, you're not going to based on that test start believing that your sex is female.
@TrevorChester-j5b
13 hours ago (edited)
I'm a biologist. I've karyotyped my chromosomes before. Although that's unusual, it doesn't change the fact that one's sex is still determined by their chromosomes. It's of no consequence that most people don't know for sure what chromosomes they have. When I karyotyped my chromosomes, if I didn't find a Y chromosome, I absolutely would have came to the conclusion that I am female, lol
Quote:@freethegoats
15 hours ago
Sex is determined by hormones as well. Again, an XY person with androgen insensitivity will appear female and have a vagina.
Even if we agreed “all people with a Y chromosome are males” that does not mean “all people with a Y chromosome are men/boys.”
The concept of man/boy existed long before the knowledge of the Y chromosome existence. Man/boy is therefore not defined by the Y chromosome or maleness.
@TrevorChester-j5b
14 hours ago
Sex is exclusively determined by chromosomes. People with androgen insensitivity syndrome are still male. The concept of man/boy denotes gender. You appear to be conflating gender with sex. Gender and sex are different things
@freethegoats
13 hours ago
so sex didn’t exist before 1950? How did they know who was male or female in 1690?
Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide) Quote:@ACAB.forcutie
20 hours ago
"Facts over feelings" was always projection. ALL their arguments are. "Gender ideology" is actually the unscientific belief that trans people are making it all up. Not whatever they think it is.
@TeeColi
14 hours ago
Exactly. Every accusation is a confession
(09-26-2026, 06:43 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Quote:I'm curious, why not the DSA?
1. She is an American and cannot even conceive of what actual praxis socialism looks like in the real world.
2. She doesn’t believe in democracy or socialism. She is an ethnosupremacist reactionary. She thinks she is Lenin and she is Mussolini.
Further you all have a democratic socialist party in power in the west and you all hate them because they won’t put a gun to our heads to make us pretend Kyuuji is a woman.
13 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, Cheers, Vertigo, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Lonewulfeus, Straight Edge, jimmys13, HaughtyFrank, benji, Taco Bell Tower, DavidCroquet, BIONIC, Potato
Quote:My cognitively disabled brother can even understand I'm nonbinary, it's like how Luffy can be a pirate and have super powers at the same time. he's cool.
11 users liked this post: Chumbawumbafan69, MJBarret, HardcoreRetro, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Lonewulfeus, Hap Shaughnessy, yetanotheraccountholyf, HaughtyFrank, benji, Taco Bell Tower, DavidCroquet
09-26-2026, 09:21 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2026, 09:23 PM by benji.)
Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide)
(09-26-2026, 07:38 PM)benji wrote:
Is concerned with degrading content in television shows. Chooses "Vulvatar" as a username.
(09-26-2026, 07:38 PM)benji wrote:
(09-26-2026, 06:53 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-does-every-conversation-online-devolve-into-a-moral-purity-test-now-its-so-annoying-accessibility-in-games-threads-about-a-celebrity-etc.1644193/
Antoo wrote:Discussing things on the internet has never been all sunshine and rainbows, but it's safe to say that things haven't gotten better over time. One of the worst phenomenons that has run rampant now across all social media and even this forum is the way people try to moralize topics in a way to make them look better. So what are some common examples that I've seen on this forum that frustrate me?- Some celebrity is revealed to an asshole -> cue people coming into a thread about how they never liked that person anyways
- Online discussions around how they don't want games to autoplay for themselves/allow for skipping of major moments -> cue people coming into a thread calling these people ableist
- Someone has an opinion you disagree with -> let's scrub through all their comments and try to find one specific point that you can twist to make them look as bad as possible
These examples cover a variety of discussions, but the underlying common thread that ties them all together is people that go into them wanting to stroke their own ego. Who gives a shit what the topic actually says? This celebrity sucks? Wait, I never listened to their music or watched any of their movies before. Wow, I guess I am a morally upstanding person! Time to rub it in on other people. What's that? You have a differing opinion than me on what accessibility means in games? Obviously, I must be right. So that must mean... the other person is prejudice against minority groups. Fuck me, this person dislikes the thing I like! This thing means so much to me though. I'm not a bad person. I'm definitely not. It's kind of weird that they don't like it though. Wait, are they bad?
People who talk like this online are so self-righteous. They aren't there to actually engage with other people. They are there to talk at other people. They either want to make others feel bad or get pats on the back for saying the exact right thing. What drives me crazy is that it all comes across as so selfish. All of a sudden, this subject matters turns into one thing and one thing only: yourself. It's my views and beliefs and that's it. Because guess what: you never liking a celebrity who turned out to be a dick doesn't mean anything. Anyone that makes a comment like that is merely shoving themselves into a conversation that they have no relation to in order to claim the moral high ground. Does that seriously help potential victims? You acting like you are an omniscient force whose unfamiliarity/dislike of an artist's work is somehow correlated with them being a bad person? You see, I sensed the negative energy around them as a person years ago. So fucking smug man.
The celebrity example is easy to pick apart though. What really irritates me is when people try to legitimize their point of view by co-opting various causes. You must be a piece of shit who hates people with disabilities because your definition of accessibility is different than mines. This type of logical reasoning isn't all that different from pro-life people who claim that those who support abortions support child murder. Why? Because you are losing all nuance. None of the points that the person who disagrees with them matter because they won't fit their pre-established views. And what if something the opposing person brings up sounds sort of reasonable? Well, that's why you name-call and make the other individual feel like they are a bad person. Presenting emotion as sound logic is genius! You know what's commonly missing in these types of arguments though? Actual examples. If someone is so committed to making games playable to people with any kind of disability, you would assume they could spotlight some voices from said community. Usually, all you get though is the person explaining their opinion as the definitive text of what is considered a disability. It all comes across as rather solipsistic doesn't it? Yeah, the world truly does revolve around me and my beliefs.
Stuff like this is when I truly think that the internet was a mistake. The anonymous nature of the people you talk to online means many don't internalize those individuals that they speak with as actual people. So who gives a shit? I have the opportunity to let out all my anger and frustration from the real world onto others. I don't have to suffer any repercussions. As shitty as it sounds, it’s not the worst thing in the world. That is it wouldn’t be the worst thing if there is a clear separation between the real world and the internet. As we become more and more online though?
All this does is promote groupthink too. Why should anyone want to express a differing opinion when they become afraid of getting dogpiled on? It's better to simply parrot the commonly-agreed upon opinions found across the internet. This is all great for promoting critical thinking btw. Here's the other thing: sometimes a person who has a differing opinion may legitimately have a take that is inconsiderate. I would argue that the mark of a good person isn’t that they are never wrong though. The mark of a good person is someone who can acknowledge their mistakes and work towards being better. How a person responds is equally as important as what they said (with exceptions of course). Some people online don’t give a shit about the response though. They just want someone to dunk on.
“Hey, this actor is said to method act. Let’s get him! Who gives a shit that method acting isn’t a set of specific rules that can only be taught in one specific way. This person must be like Jared Leto!”
Seriously, how many threads are made with an incendiary title with the explicit purpose of shitting on someone. It’ll be dressed up under a mask of legitimacy though by taking that person’s word out of context. These individuals are definitely consciousness individuals though that are only there to point out injustices in the world and not trying to make themselves feel better. Nope.
Lobster Roll, post: 161066770, member: 60178 wrote:Some people online treat it like a competition where they can be the most exemplary example. In real life, they've got vices, flaws, and their own faults that they won't talk about in online spaces though. It's pretty easy to pick people out when they're over-the-top with it.
I always love when it’s the exact cunts being talked about that come out to act enlightened and above it all
15 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, Chumbawumbafan69, HaughtyFrank, Daffy Duck, MJBarret, Vertigo, NekoFever, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Orange Juice Box, Hap Shaughnessy, Let's Cyber, Taco Bell Tower, benji, Alpacx, Potato
09-26-2026, 09:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2026, 11:59 PM by benji.)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-plan-to-support-or-vote-for-anti-trans-candidates-please-stop-acting-like-youre-doing-the-trans-community-a-favor-because-youre-not.1643455/page-4#post-161036326
Nepenthe wrote:Quote:Because in reality we have a broken two party system and the primaries are less than 2 months.
Stop acting like reality is unchangeable, acknowledge and accept your responsibility as a citizen of the biggest, most murderous empire to ever exist, and get to work with others on bettering yourself so you can help us build a system that isn't broken.
That's what pisses people the fuck off. Folks have completely given in to unscientific, idealistic nihilism, have given up on the idea that a better world can be achieved, and are content to sit back and just vote for slightly worse bigots while shitting on Arabs and trans people like they fucking voted for Trump and crying that the Canadians and Australians and whatever aren't tolerating the learned helplessness.
It is aggravatingly pathetic. "The reality of the matter is—" The reality of the matter is that most Americans haven't seriously tried to do fucking shit about their situation, and they know it, because they're terrified of their government and don't want to go to jail or be a martyr. That's what it comes down to. But be honest about that instead of lashing out at the minorities you claim to care about.
LudicrousSpeed wrote:Quote:That ignores the fact that the trans athlete issue is an effective wedge because it is nuanced not because it is an automatic indicator of bigotry.
The trans athlete issue is absolutely an automatic indicator of bigotry. The heart of the matter when anyone equivocates at all on trans athletes is because they fundamentally do not believe that trans women are women. Without that, there's nothing to talk about when it comes to trans people in athletics.
This is why it's such an effective wedge, because granting that there's even a premise to an argument here is to buy into bigotry, and once you've accepted that much, then that becomes an opening to talk about restricting the rights of trans people in other ways.
Minthara wrote:I'd also add that a lot of the Canadian anger comes from people who are LGBTQ2S+ themselves, who are at risk of both foreign invasion by the world's most funded army with an expansionist agenda and the American government has a proven track record, especially now, of treating non-American citizens of other countries horrifically.
So if a Canadian is angry because someone didn't vote in the US election, it's because we live in fear today because of it and the American government is actively trying to steal away parts of the country.
And I think that's the other thing people who aren't in Canada (and even some Canadians) are downplaying: this isn't a "what if" scenario for us, it's actually happening and the only thing the American government hasn't done is gone to war, but everything else they've put in place has been attempts to undermine us, control us and steal our country.
Some of us live that every day now.
No matter what anyone's opinions about whether or not someone should have voted is, the ripple effect is having a worldwide impact for everyone, minorities in other countries included.
Kyuuji wrote:Part of it for me is that I rarely get the sense cis people treat the persecution of trans people seriously. There never really seems to be any gravity or weight to it. We're dealing with the threat of (or currently living through) segregation, the removal of healthcare, bans from large sections of public life, forced out of careers through bathroom (or outright) bans, removed from education systems, and threatened with the denial of bodily autonomy to such an extent that we would be unable to live as ourselves in and of our own body.
These things never really get seen for what they are though, like they're miniature versions of these elements that are more 'meh' than awful. Sometimes it can get a little *pats head* "aw I'm sure it'll get better" while ignoring the colossal shift the past half decade+ has seen when it comes to the reversal of our rights. Just a complete refusal to both recognise these elements for what they are and acknowledge the fact that things 'getting better' isn't something that just happens because you say it. Kyuuji wrote:ClickyCal wrote:Someone posting something similar on the last page and I totally agree with the sentiment. It truly does feel like sometimes there is this vibe of "trans people are this whole brand new thing and you have to let rights for them and how they are treated work itself out over time". Preach. There's this notion we should be patient and wait for our rights at a time when we're actively losing the rights we have had for decades. People say change comes slow but it's actually coming rather fucking fast for trans people, it's just happening in the opposite direction. Really? DECADES?
Kyuuji wrote:We either competed in or had access to competitions for decades, including the Olympics, without issue. There were strict criteria for participation that needed to be met. These are systems that were in place and working, we aren't a new phenomena newly unearthed from the ground at the turn of the decade. The anti-trans resurgence around sports isn't being pushed over a genuine concern for fairness, it's because it's a successful wedge to push the notion that trans women are men in a world where very few people know about us, HRT, and our bodies. When that's accepted for sport, it becomes harder to say "no they're men in sport but women in bathrooms and changing rooms". Which is why it will always be a precursor for a broader removal of our rights and access to basic elements of life. See, you're required to see them as women in all ways.
Xyer wrote:Quote:what minority will dems sacrifice at the altar for votes next? will it be you reader?
Gay people and people with disabilities. Who needs them in our potential perfect society?!
They were trying to go after autistic people last year and still are trying. Xyer wrote:But voting in the anti trans candidates could have me declared a terrorist and be spirited away into an ICE center in the middle of the night before we get to that equality and justice in an indeterminate amount of time.
Literally last year they were going to declare trans people terrorists for no reason other than mere rumors Kirk was killed by a trans person.
Pai Pai Master wrote:A lot of people across the political spectrum seem incapable of even acknowledging that there is an active genocide campaign against trans individuals in western democracies happening right now. It's not a nebulous thing on the horizon that we are headed towards.
That genocide has markedly progressed in the UK after electing "the lesser of two evils." The exact same thing could happen here after the next 2 years of "vote Blue no matter who" being used to silence Trans voices. ACTIVE
ZeoVGM wrote:I've stated this a number of times and I'll continue to repeat it:
If the Democrat nominee is an anti-trans bigot, I will not vote for them. If the nominee is someone who believes Israel had "the right to defend itself," I will not vote for them. If Gavin Newsom is the nominee, I will not vote for him.
It's that simple.
ZeoVGM wrote:Quote:That ignores the fact that the trans athlete issue is an effective wedge because it is nuanced not because it is an automatic indicator of bigotry.
You need to learn what the word "fact" means because that doesn't fit the definition.
The fact is that it is not nuanced.
The fact is that it isn't even an "issue" in the first place. There is no such thing as "the trans athlete issue." There is only bigots yelling about a problem that doesn't exist.
Kyuuji wrote:Quote:If the choice is voting for "no men in women's sports" or forcible detranstioning, blocking of healthcare, imprisoning people?
Sports it is. We have to reduce harm and start moving people the other way.
You're missing that banning trans women from sports directly leads to the removal of healthcare, forced detransition, segregation, and so on. It's a straight line. You don't reduce harm putting an asterisk next trans women as to when they are and aren't women, you encourage it.
Quote:Civil rights, gay marriage, women's rights didn't happen overnight either. It isn't a hand wave or dismissal, it's reality.
You seem to be under the impression trans people are fighting for rights we don't have. We're fighting to not lose any more rights than we have already. Xyer wrote:The reality is you give the anti trans dems any leg room, they will slowly get more and more anti trans until they go full Labor and join the GOP in getting rid of trans people from every day life. First it's "boys in sports", then adults, then bathroom bills nationwide, then they define gender and prevent anybody from the opposite birth gender from getting medication. Then it's suddenly illegal and they will start arresting people and throwing trans women into men's prisons and vice versa. This includes doctors who prescribed the medication and allies. They'll also be hunted down for supporting trans people.
You give them an inch, they will take a mile back. Not to mention how much it'll tank public opinion of trans people. Any bathroom bills hurt cis people who don't fit the absolute image of masculinity or femininity. Alright, imprison trans people then.
Nepenthe wrote:Yes, we are going to do this on ERA because frankly I'm tired of folks using our ancestors as a shield for an electoralism that ends up completely dismissing the concerns of minorities put in the position of putting a rubber stamp on their dehumanization.
Also, don't engage in strawmen. I am not some accelerationist who is under the delusion that this country can be systemically dismantled in like two days, and I have never actually argued for such, so the stereotypical lecture characterizing me as a performative, delusional accelerationsist is both reactionary and irrelevant. I am someone who actually reads the literature (it's genuinely interesting, especially in how catty it can be) and moves within the scenes in my city and openly proselytizes to my coworkers on the floor, which is why I have constantly said for months now that we need to begin organizing an actual vanguard leftist party (not the DSA) like the activists of old and then go from there to analyze and address the contradictions of modern America and develop an actual science-driven movement that can, in time, replace the Democratic Party altogether. I know; definitely the equivalent of firebombing a Walmart.
Regardless, I am also not interested in waving around our activists credentials. Bernie marched with King, and now he's furthering liberal Zionism; what any of us have done in the past is not of any real concern of the current argument nor should it serve as a stint to continue on engaging with the same outdated, unconvincing ideas of harm reductionist electoralism in the modern environment. Praxis ain't a shield from critique of one's ideas.
Now, you say you deal with reality. I agree with this wholeheartedly. Let's deal with the reality that the neoliberal party you insist are necessary to any revolutionary movement we can imagine is facing relatively historically unpopular sentiments because they lost twice to an unqualified clown, refused to prepare for the possibility of a second Trump term (Why didn't they have their own Project 2025?), refuse to engage in a serious party autopsy and deal with the numerous contradictions inherent to their ideology, let government employees and food stamp recipients starve only to suddenly renege on the longest US government shutdown in history just because the airlines were getting pissy about it, and have more heat for Hasan Piker- a Twitch streamer- than they do for Trump, Netanyahu, or Rubio for the bodies left in the wake of their imperialist ideologies. Praytell how can we utilize this circus of a party in any hopeful fashion currently? You might as well tell me I have to build a house with a hammer with no head!
Let's further engage with the reality that your earlier notion that the neoliberals are a means to an end for one's political outcomes. This is indeed correct, because all politicians are a means to an end. But a means to an end for who? Who actually holds power over our politicians? It ain't our poor Black asses. It's the capitalists, because the capitalists are in charge of society, and politicians exist to serve the people in charge of society. Voting for any politician beyond extremely local politics doesn't give you meaningful control over the direction of your living situation because they don't actually exist to improve your living situation. The data has been clear for decades now that overwhelming majority of popular sentiments by the masses go unfulfilled and ignored even when the parties have enough power to steamroll their agendas through the system.
Let us continue further on engaging with the reality of voting and the presupposition in discussions about the matter that individuals influence the election. This is ridiculous just on the surface. Let's ignore the obvious realities that voting has always been made difficult for the masses because the capitalists have never wanted us to have direct power in the first place, whether we're talking about historical barriers to voting which in turn inform current material realities regarding inconvenient voting hours, long lines, dropped registrations, gerrymandering, etc., how these material realities inform and reflect cultural apathy surrounding voting and how we've had low turnout for generations, which is obvious given the fact that Black people have consistently voted Democrat since the Civil Rights Act passed and have extremely limited progress to show for it, if not degradation in some areas of measurement like overall wealth.
The fact of the matter is, no single national US election has been decided by a single vote or even a handful of votes (it's technically not even decided directly by the voters as per the Electoral College system and courts.) It is decided by how well the parties can mobilize their blocs through the marketing of a campaign. If you are an electoralist, literally your one singular job is to mobilize the masses to vote against all of the bullshit that is correctly telling them that the performance will not make a meaningful improvement in their living standards (which folks admit every time they say they're voting for the "lesser evil," aka they're still voting for evil), which means you must in turn engage in at least the veneer of giving a shit about what they want and move accordingly on the campaign trail.
Literally every single person on Era who openly admitted they abstained could have voted for Kamala and she still would have lost because the Party couldn't be assed to do its one job in engaging in the blocs that were necessary for her to win. And instead of engaging with this reality, people online want to bitch about individual voters, particularly the queer and Arab ones (again, why aren't y'all on r/conservative confronting the people who voted for Trump?) when it's never solely about the direct responsibility of individuals when you are dealing with systems of any kind; individualism as a philosophy is again, unscientific and reactionary. The reason Trump sits in that chair now is a dialectical outcome between mostly white assholes being energized as a bloc voting for him against a floundering Party that could not meet the moment due to the clear and obvious contradictions of their shitty ideology, not because of trans people or Palestinians on another continent.
I am also not moved by complaints about how hard the current conditions are to deal with. Of course they're difficult! But they've always been difficult! Making a new world is difficult! No one has denied this! But difficulty is not an excuse to engage in unimaginative and unscientific thinking or to turn away from the fight, especially so the moment you engage in a modicum of historical analysis to center the fight. You are correct that many of our ancestors died in the fight for liberation, as many of our current brothers and sisters have now such as the fighters in Ferguson. But our ancestors were in chains with less access to information, outside help, and cultural sympathy, the reality of which is that that was far more dire situation than we're in now. You and I can move freely relatively speaking, have access to mountains of information and tools at our disposal, and we are far more assimilated into the median fabric of the social sphere of American life. Of course, the conditions we are facing are different. Our ancestors didn't have to deal with the modern militarized police state and Flock cameras and shit. But we have advantages over them and we should acknowledge those advantages in an effort to engage in reality.
All in all, if you and I agree that the goal is to burn the boot, then we need to stop engaging in thinking that directly or indirectly continues to justify the boot's existence.
SuperRiko wrote:Quote:It's going to fucking suck for EVERYONE that isn't a Christian Nationalist if the GOP stays in power, but I seriously fear what will happen to our trans brothers and sisters if the Red Hats stay in control...
It's all fine and good to try and scare us into voting your way, but you must understand we are always scared.
And instead of helping us, empowerimg us, standing by us trans people in our vulnerable times, when we are enemy number 1... they run attack ads on us, swearing no "men" (yes they even rob our identity, the "good guys" cant even grant us basic human dignity) will play sports, and denying vulnerable trans youth the care they need.
I just don't get it, why do these Dems attack vulnerable minority groups if they want our support, why do they not want the support of the trans community. It's genuienly scary as fuck when the "good side" are openly turning to using the conservative rhetoric. You can't blame trans people here, we are mad specifically because we are being thrown in the trash now by both sides. If this continues we could be fucked either way in the future because we conceed this argument, and therfore trans lives and identities in the process. We are pissed because DEMS ARE PUTTING US IN A NEARLY NO WIN SITUATION!! From our point of view everyone is turning on us, again! but everytime it just seems to get worse for us!
A lot of trans people will suck it up and vote for these monsters, but we shouldn't ever victim blame, shame or in your case, scare monger trans people into compliance in voting for people activley against us.
We keep rewarding transphobic dems and the party gets more transphobic = slow death regardless.
We just have to put our TRUST in this party to shape up and support us openly in the future right? Well the trust is running thin!! SuperRiko wrote:Quote:If you aren't able to hold your nose and vote, I understand why, but I still wish you would change your mind.
Well I wish you mind your own business, trans people don't owe you a fucking wish, nor are we genies.
We are stuck between a slow or quick death and it's horseshit. Thanks for the wishes, means fuck all.
These transphobic dems that run attacks on us help the conservative movement against us just by running, and they cement no one actually cares about us when they win!!!
You don't care about us, you wish us to vote for people who hate we exsist and specifically attack us to demonize and ostrasize us. SuperRiko wrote:Quote:I know all that. I also trust you know why people want you to vote.
I do.
You didn't have to post here at-all, but instead you come in to smell your own farts while the terrified trans people reading have to watch you indulge in your favorite scent. Miss me with this crap. SuperRiko wrote:Quote:This thread is directly addressed to people who have a problem with not voting. I am one of those people and are allowed to express my opinion on the matter, even if it is contrary to the views in the OP. I even did so without browbeating because reading through the thread made me less hostile to non voters, though they didn't change my stance.
You are allowed to post smelling your own supply openly, yes, and I'm allowed to point out trans folk do not appreciate you.
You don't fool me for a second, you just don't care about us trans people and hope we vote against our immediate self interest for a gamble on our future. We are a bargaining object to you. I don't respect you. SuperRiko wrote:Quote:Labour did not get into power because of harm reduction voting, they won in a landslide.
I believe I would, though I've never been as angry as some people in this thread.
You didn't hurt my feelings, but we have fundamental disagreements on the consequences of not voting. Like I think non voters are way more guilty of hand waving political casualties.
You aren't going to agree, so maybe you should just ignore me.
Nah, I'm not going to ignore you.
I'm not replying to you about a difference in fundamentals, I'm rubbing your nose in the fact you feel it nessesary to attempt to shame trans people on here with your fart smelling wish post and your generic stance which means nothing to those currently attacked by all sides and can't find rest.
Take your wish back or stop replying to me with this same garbage I've heard a million other times I've been tossed in the trash and told to suck it up for the greater good or whatever.
"It's just a disagreememt!"
Well not to me!!! It's not simple dumb platitudes when trans peoples lives are being lost to transphobia every day!!! and the dems amplify that hate with their recklace awful attacks on us!!
I refuse to let you boil this down to the same old debate it's worthless
Bang your pots and pans about how the other side is worse, but we minorities step up every fucking time and get shit on, nothing really changes for us, any thing we gain is taken back.
You all dangle the carrot on the stick and we obey, well soon enough the horses wise up and find other fucking food.
If a Dem can't even support our right to fucking exsist, to even respect our lives and identities, fuck them and fuck everyone pretending they care and doing next to nothing to help any of us other than voting in their dumbass flawed 2 party system.(Which is designed to keep minorities at the bottom regardless and serve the ultrarich)
Pressure these Dems, start movements, you have the bravery to come in here and argue with me, so bother them instead of us, we are a tiny, tiny minority and even more than votes right now we need LOUD UNABASHED SUPPORT OF OUR LIVES AND CAUSE!!
If you truley respect trans people and our lives, don't respond to me again unless it's to apologize for your wish that trans people vote for people specifically holding a gun to our heads, and for side stepping the fact that these evil dems increase transphobia by attacking us openly, and running attack ads targetting us, thus increasing trans self hatred and suicide, which I brought up before but you ignored to continue victim blaming me.
These specific dems tossed us in the trash, on purpose and will continue spitting in our eye. It's fucked you continue posting horseshit in here implying we need to make nice with our abusers. SuperRiko wrote:Scuffed wrote:A transphobic Dems is a weak Dem. A folder, not a fighter. A Dem with a giant flashing sign on thier head that they will be a rotating villain if needed. Yep exactly, it's infuriating the fart smelling morons okay to toss us trans people under the bus to PRETEND they further any sort of progressive goal.
Trans people can vote however they please when it comes to this issue and they are above being called out EITHER WAY,
but I'm going to call out anyone who is cis who dares shame the ones who can't vote for monsters actively attacking our community in real time
If a dem sides with conservatives on our lives not being valid than they are an enemy and we are a bunch of fucking losers for letting our side get away with this shit.
People LOVE to talk about being a realist... we gotta chop a few minority heads off to make a stew, etc etc
Well heres some realism for those fucks:
Loads of Trans people will stop supporting your politician if they decide to be openly agressive against them and continue conservative rheteroric that furthers the genocide of us!!!!
If they want our support, why can't they support us, it's not that fucking hard to not be open bigots threatening a vulnerable community! SuperRiko wrote:Quote:Local and primaries are where the fight's at.
But in national elections final rounds, given a 2 party system, you just (should) vote for the one who won't burn the place down with you in it, even if the candidate you have to vote for is basically a meek status quo one (which you then work on influencing through primaries and local elections).
It's terrible.
But it's where we're at in the US.
Accelerarionists don't give a shit about the suffering they will cause on the way to an hypothetical "better tomorrow". They're not really about making the world a better place in fact, they just want their brand/ team to win the ideological battle, unintended casualties be damned.
It's not about being an accelerationists!! We should be hounding these Transphobic Dems every chance we get. They get a free pass and we fet fucked again and again.
You dangle your carrot and kick us once we get close to a nibble.
It's not us not supporting them!!! They don't support us!!!!
They don't support our right to exsist!! Trans people deserve better!
It's extremly offensive in a thread about trans peoples anger in dealing with evil dems attacking us directly to call this just playing team sports.
We are not doing that, we just want to live and be loved. We don't want the added shame on our community, the increase in hate just the attack ads bring!!
It's offensive to say we are just rah rahing our "Team" Trans people aren't a fucking team, we are living breathing VULNERABLE people on the edge of hopeless dispair. Any trans person not voting for their current abuser is justifued because they are justified either way in how they respond to abuse!!
You are nasty for calling the trans community a "Team" and implying we push ideology first and not, you know, scared for our lives and backed into a fucking corner!!!! SuperRiko wrote:Quote:Naturally, I understand not wanting to vote for a party that wants you gone, but when the choice comes down to two parties that want you gone, and one of them is clearly worse as it wants other minorities gone as well, I think it's hard to argue in favor of abstention.
As always, more of this "Be our pawns please" We've had enough!! Fight politicians not us!!!
It's insane the amount that people are okay steam rolling our rights as colladeral damage! it's exactly this shit and people supporting nazi scum like Platner for months that tell me all I need to know about how far people will sink in throw minorities into an iron maiden if it means you keep the status quo trucking!!!
We have the choice between a slow and quick death unless these dems stop being so comfortable with the idea of siding on the J.K rowling side of the fucking fence.
Because the dems could go full terf tommorow and you'd still have people like you with your bullshit railroad dilema bullshit as if you aint talking to the very people about to be fucking SPLATTTED!! SuperRiko wrote:Quote:I understand that, but again, the alternative was Donald Trump, who's currently back on the job and acting like Israel's lapdog.
Fuck your donald trump boogie man. This thread is about trans anger and you've already implied we should sacrifice ourselves for YOU and yours. You aren't worth a drop of respect!
Your boogie man is meant to scare us! we are already scared!!! SuperRiko wrote:Quote:I apologize if it felt like I was attacking you or your community at large. That wasn't the intent at all.
I don't believe you, you don't respect us when you continue to toss around scare monger tactics to bully vulnerable people into complicity. This thread is about trans people and their right to deal with their abusers the way they see fit! SuperRiko wrote:Quote:Blood is coming out of my ears. Is that normal
![[Image: sackboy-angry.gif]](https://media1.tenor.com/m/eoy_zRMcPPcAAAAC/sackboy-angry.gif)
I'm with you!!
people in here telling me my trans friends have to eat a bullet sure pisses me off!! We've had enough!!
We simply don't believe them anymore, you can't bait us anymore. Say you accept us loud and proud or fuck off Dems!!!
They need to change not us!!
We will vote for you if you accept us, and truly care for us!! We are tired of being LITTERALLY BULLIED TO DEATH. Stop adding to the hate that causes our deaths shit dem fuckers!!
ACCEPT TRANS PEOPLE INTO SOCIETY NOW!!
I don't want whats happening in the U.K to happen everywhere, this shit is scary for us. It's only getting worse in the U.K aswell.
Wheres our hope!!! Wheres our basic human dignity, Wheres our chance to be accepted fully!!
We are some of the most bullied and victimized already, why not continue the trend right everyone??
it's scary!!
(I'm not mad at you of course, just sharing a moment of frustration with you.) SuperRiko wrote:Quote:I am genuinely heartened seeing threads like this, because you can feel the shift in discourse from just 2 years ago with the presidential election then. All I wanted to add is that as a trans person, I hope my trans brethren advocating for solidarity with our cause see the importance of finding the same or stronger solidarity with other minorities more oppressed than they are.
Nothing was more disappointing reading these forums during the election in 2024 than the number of trans voices speaking urgently about the need to support Harris and other pro-Israel democrats at all costs to protect themselves from the very genocide this thread calls for action against democrats for. If you are trans and then felt the need to shame those who wouldn't support Harris but feel differently now that transphobia is increasing amongst democrat rhetoric, I hope now you understand the same calls to find solutions outside our system, the calls for the political power in abstaining from participation need to apply to those vulnerable across other lines of race, identity, class, gender, and borders.
We're strongest finding ways together to reduce our reliance on a system that wants us controlled at best and decimated at worst. Advocating for anything else is complicitity in our own destruction.
I will never shame anyones choice, I will always be for any minority being attacked to be defensive and deal with abusers however they wish. [you catch me slipping in the future, you call my ass out]
Right now trans people are litterally being attacked by both sides, we are one of the most vulnerable around the world and have high suicide rates from all the bullying and abuse that happens to us.
People think they have some point by saying we should die so others may live!
No minority should be in the position we are in or many minorities the world over are in!
Voting for transphobic dems kills us all in the end as it's just slow regression with a happy smile. We should pressure them to change somehow, It can't keep being a new round of tossing beautiful vulnerable minorities under the bus every 4 years.
Trans people don't deserve this impossible choice, we don't deserve attacks all the time!!! and we don't deserve shame for having so much hopelessness and despair we cant stomach a vote for the very person saying they want to strip our rights!!
People need to support trans peoples rights to vote how they want when they are litterally being bullied and backed into corners What a nut.
Pai Pai Master wrote:I'm sorry people keep coming in here and doing this. Not even addressing the people this thread is about... just talking empty bullshit and ignoring what you're actually going through again and again.
We love you and we want you to feel safe and feel like this community has your back, but clearly a lot of folks here do not.
Do fucking better guys. Cis men of Era - yes I'm talking to you. Better yet if you're not even going to directly address the people this thread is about and show your support, shut the fuck up. Literally just shut the fuck up. Listen. Learn. Quote:Maybe this is proof they view trans women as women, since they don't listen to them either.
Kyuuji wrote:Coming from somewhere where the 'better option' has currently either proactively put in place, or watched (or indeed clapped) as they've seen implemented:
The segregation of trans people across large aspects of public life like toilets, changing rooms, hospital wards, etc.
The removal of any effective form of legal recognition for trans people living their gender
Bans on trans women within women's sports and taking part in party-affiliated women's events
A ban on puberty blockers for trans youth
Restrictions on social transition for trans children in schools
A changing of education on trans identities to be a belief rather than a fact
The only path left for trans healthcare on the NHS for trans youth to effectively be conversion therapy
Forced medical detransition of trans youth
The recording of birth sex as a mandatory field in health records
…and even with all of that there's currently a review ongoing into trans healthcare for adults, at a point where we're seeing GPs refuse to continue prescribing hormones to trans adults who have been on them for years. At a time where wait times for a *first appointment* for trans healthcare is measured in decades.
The 'least worst' option ended up being the most vehemently anti-trans Government not only in my lifetime, including over a decade of Conservative rule, but also back to before Thatcher. By an order of magnitude. They've presided over changes that a decade ago the Government were putting out travel advisories over.
There's zero element in me that would vote for them again. That line was crossed a while ago and has only compounded with each consecutive action since. That's only speaking to the trans side of things as well. They've also arrested thousands of people under the terrorism act for nothing more than showing support for Palestine Action, they've courted racism and racist rhetoric around immigration, and talk softly when speaking to the concerns of people who will dress up in black balaclavas to crowd around ports and chant "let them drown".
Voting for the 'lesser evil' each time as they continue to chase and shift toward the very evil you're trying to avoid just leaves you in a situation where that evil comes regardless, and you're voting for it. Back to before Thatcher! Wow!
Nepenthe wrote:Quote:I guess I can't see them go "aw shucks, I probably shouldn't have run on a transphobic platform" after losing to another party that was also running on a transphobic platform (hell, they might actually think they were "too soft on the issue")...
If the Democrats are so evil as to entertain bigotry as part of the platform, as well as so incompetent that they are unable to understand the concerns of their queer constituents and thus conclude that a loss resulting from a betrayal of their so-called human rights principles must mean that they need to double down on the bigotry next time around, then they don't deserve to win. Simple as.
Start developing a new party instead of wasting time wondering whether the dumpster fire of a party you've all unwittingly married yourself with may or may not conclude that some people's lives are worth sacrificing for the political calculus. Exactly, just start a new political party that can contend for a majority in Congress and the Electoral College. Simple as.
Nepenthe wrote:Quote:I'm curious, why not the DSA? I just don't see anyone else trying to mount an offensive against establishment Dems or the Democratic party as a whole. I've seen you mention wanting to have this organizing happening, but where is it happening? I think a lot of people would probably support this if there was more info available.
I've talked to DSA representatives on my own and have quietly sat back to observe how their recent political successes are panning out, and in the moment I've found myself disappointed with their project. The talks revealed a startling contradiction between a stated commitment to building socialism and an extreme palatability towards entryism and power brokering, to the point that they happily allow the feds to observe the party proceedings because they have "nothing to hide." This to me suggests either an extreme naivete towards what it is going to take to take power away from capitalists or a shrewd type of politicking where the real point is to completely dissipate whatever revolutionary energy from the masses has resulted from things like Trump's term or Palestine or BLM towards an attempted Democratic takeover where the point is to achieve better domestic outcomes without building a meaningfully dialectical framework to actually attack capitalism and imperialism at large.
You can see it immediately in how much many of their endorsed candidates are either engaging in liberal Zionism despite anti-Zionist campaign rhetoric, even folks like Mamdani, or are outright calling themselves capitalists or apologizing for genuine Marxist rhetoric they expressed in the past. I think that they will, by and large, result in happier constituents who in turn will be satisfied with their increased standards of living and thus turn away from causes like Palestine, because if there's one thing Americans can be counted on to do, it's to abandon political principles and movement the moment the bills get cheaper. But I do not think the DSA has proven itself capable of a revolutionary movement at this point in time. Things could change of course; I'm not entirely shut off from the possibility that we are witnessing the beginnings of a socialist revolution from the DSA..... But I have really big doubts.
As for organizing an actual revolution, efforts are extremely scattered right now. Your best bet are Pan-African organizations and some small Marxist and anarchist organizations for seeing people genuinely committed to dismantling capitalism, but these are small, underfunded, and disorganized to various degrees. But honestly I think the most pertinent obstacle to tackle in the current environment is the lack of philosophical and historical education on part of the masses, which can be achieved or at least kickstarted by an old school vanguard party with people who legitimately know the history and principles of dialectical materialism and can apply them to analysis of American society. People are still extremely propagandized in all manner of capitalist realism, individualism, and Western chauvanism. A revolution cannot happen without revolutionary thinking, and Americans are lacking severely in revolutionary thinking.
oty wrote:Quote:Telling people what's at stake when they choose not to vote or throw their vote away on a third party when the alternative is literal fascism isn't "voter shaming." It's a wake-up call to reality. And also a reminder that history, when not talked about, gets washed over and sanitized no matter how well intentioned.
Choosing the "lesser of two evils" was the nail on the coffin that gave us Hitler lol This dude literally doesn't know anything about history.
Quote:Some great posts here (with some other posts from folks who are way out in left field OR seem like they're close to connecting the dots).
I've been out for almost 12 years. As a white trans woman with a steady job, from a middle class family, coming out pulled countless, proverbial wools from my eyes. And then the hard work began to deconstruct my fucked world views/biases. The trans community, though, was always there. We always show up for each other. When BIPOC trans people talk, I shut up and listen, They've been in this shit for way longer than me.
Our lives are being used a wedge. We need to lock together and be a both a shield and a hammer. Cis people: you don't need to know everything. You don't even need to know a trans person. If you care about intrinsic human rights, join the cause. Notice where the minority groups (especially overlapping minority groups) are pushing. Start pushing in that direction. Drop the pretenses, listen, and ask how you can help.
I'm doing the best that I can, one day at a time, but living in the US as a trans person is soul-crushing. But I know that I'm not alone. And that's one way I keep going. This manic, death cult-esque stage of capitalism in the US is built on millions of bodies. Both of our major political parties are in on it. There are some good people in the Democratic Party, but make no mistake: unless WE push for change and sane candidates, they will continue to use our bodies to build their teetering altar of greed and power. If left unchecked, they will consume the lives and bodies of all of us--cis, trans, and everyone in-between. As all minority groups have been saying forever: if you don't speak up and act when one group is being attacked, eventually the systems and forces of greed and power will come for you.
(09-26-2026, 06:44 PM)benji wrote:
![[Image: hM1LxCs.png]](https://i.imgur.com/hM1LxCs.png)
![[Image: image.png]](https://i.ibb.co/KxRQTPvS/image.png)
Everyone hates his retarded ass
(09-26-2026, 09:21 PM)benji wrote:

Spoiler: (click to show)(click to hide)
Why is Carney leading the resistance from Europe? At least imagine yourself as Canadian Zelensky
09-26-2026, 10:31 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2026, 10:32 PM by Let's Cyber.)
(09-26-2026, 09:41 PM)BIONIC wrote: Lobster Roll wrote:It's pretty easy to pick people out when they're over-the-top with it.
It's neat how on that forum it's perfectly fine to attack people for making the wrong political choice in media or YouTubers or podcasts or whatever, to call out people for turning a blind eye to what's empowering the CHUDS by not caring about Stellar Blade or costumes in a Marvel game, the staff will even support this and ban you for making the wrong choice, but it's beyond the pale to criticize members for refusing to fight the chuds in the actual electoral political arena in the most low effort way possible. Instead there, the burden shifts not from the person refusing to participate but to those already participating and requires them to change the results that aren't theirs to change.
But then, this is a forum where there's plenty of posters who just "enjoy" the holidays instead of holding their family members to task for doctrinal errors until systemic change occurs. Sounds about white.
12 users liked this post: JoeBoy101, Chumbawumbafan69, Besticus Maximus, Cheers, MJBarret, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Orange Juice Box, Lonewulfeus, HaughtyFrank, simiansmarts, Let's Cyber, Taco Bell Tower
"Republicans are going to put us in camps."
"Democrats won't let us play women's sports."
18 users liked this post: Mediocre Lager, JoeBoy101, BananaBlast, Chumbawumbafan69, yetanotheraccountholyf, Mask, Cheers, Vertigo, NekoFever, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Let's Cyber, Taco Bell Tower, Lonewulfeus, killamajig, Greatness Gone, benji, BIONIC, HaughtyFrank
none of them play sports or get any sort of physical activity other than lifting tendies
"they won't let us play sport we were never going to play!"
13 users liked this post: JoeBoy101, BananaBlast, Chumbawumbafan69, yetanotheraccountholyf, Cheers, Vertigo, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Let's Cyber, Taco Bell Tower, Lonewulfeus, BIONIC, DavidCroquet, Greatness Gone
|