Journal of Other Forum Analysis (Volume II, Issue 2)
Jibbed, post: 161215663, member: 18901 wrote:In the last few days, it feels like there have been several viral posts showing AI-created mashups – e.g. this Skate x Modern Warfare 2 example.

Halo CE running on a Nintendo DS and browser. Animal Crossing x Pokemon. Minecraft x Skyrim. It feels like pandora's box has been opened and I'm not seeing discourse around this, other than 'wow this is crazy'.

What do you think? Are we expecting some kind of response from IP holders, platforms etc?

Lock if old.

Edit: I don't understand why people think I'm endorsing this. Just sharing what I am seeing a lot of this week. The tools and the people pushing this are trash, yes. But I do think this has the potential to spin out of control.

Colfari, post: 161217958, member: 32792 wrote:
Jibbed, post: 161215663, member: 18901 wrote:What do you think?

I think you can fuck off.
And to everyone still using X and making fucking threads about it here:
Like how hard is it not to use that fucking app? I can't imagine what a pathetic piece of shit you have to be to get your entertainment from there.


Transistor, post: 161217142, member: 1099 wrote:LOL, it's AI trash that nobody cares about, really. That's why there's not much discourse.

The discourse is 100% on x, that's why op mentioned "people" are creaming their pants about it.
I thought we had rules here about making threads from shit you've seen there, guess not.

Badass

Most importantly: Jeffery annihilated Bigshow You could have just walked away
Reply
The moral purity thread was locked with no mod statement and no explaination given whatsoever. lol lol lol
Reply
(09-30-2026, 12:37 PM)Jansen wrote:
Dr. Nothing Loud, post: 161206096, member: 4041 wrote:Somewhat. I moved to FL where my parents are and they helped me qualify for a cheap apartment. Abandoned my house in seattle to rent it out hopefully because i cant afford it. Still unemployed and disabled. Despite producing award winning viral research and getting the most accolades possible with my phd, I haven't landed on stable work. The last work I tried ended up being a scam that bamboozled me and my time. Im trying to sell my artwork but haven't made sales yet. So my circumstances are precarious and I hope I heal from my depression/ptsd and land on my feet soon.



Currently in a hospital bed awaiting my 7th ECT session.
He's still shocked that no one is falling at his feet to employ him  omfg

This cunt will be on his death bed (unemployed) and will still be going on about his ""viral"" research and PhD and how nobody ever hired him and how it's an absolute travesty.
Reply
Member only:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-wife-of-8-years-let-me-know-she-wants-an-open-relationship-struggling-to-navigate-it-any-advice.1647427/

freetacos wrote:Want to preface this by saying I'm in both couples therapy and individual therapy. I know when a lot of personal issues/events are shared on Era, a common (and correct) response is "therapy is probably the answer". So this is mostly just for me to vent/share thoughts/garner light advice/resources from others who have maybe experienced something similar.

Short backstory. Married 8 years, together 12. No kids. Monogamous relationship the whole time, though she's often joked that she likes it when other women hit on me, etc. But nothing really past that. She's definitely more extroverted/life of the party type. I'm naturally more introverted, but can turn it on in the right situations.

This summer a number of events happened in her life/mind. Her best friend moved away which really affected her. She had a separate girl's trip on the river where she felt like she found her "spark" again - wanting to be more in nature, meeting people, etc. She grew up with a pretty controlling father, and hasn't had a ton of long term relationships besides me. She felt like she was just going through life, doing the things she was "supposed to" do (which, I totally get).

So this summer kinda triggered something in her of just wanting to be more free. She still loves me and wants to be married/in a relationship with me. I also don't believe she wants to specifically seek out another romantic relationship/go on "dates". But she kinda framed it as "if I'm out on an adventure and I happen to meet someone, I don't want to feel held back by anything - it doesn't necessarily need to always be sexual, but I want to feel unburdened". In my mind, I don't care if she adventures/parties/even flirts with other guys - my line was at specifically romantic/physical/sexual intimacy.

This has obviously brought up a lot of feelings of insecurity, what future life looks like if we do have a more open relationship (will she stay over at other places with a guy she meets, will it eventually lead to her preferring someone else that has more shared interests, etc).

The added wrinkle is we were both on the fence about having kids - but had recently been trying. But with this revelation of hers, kids are 100% off the table. Which I am mostly fine with, but have been having thoughts about mortality, what I leave behind, etc. Which is a separate (but related) topic.

Has anyone else gone through anything similar? I am grateful we are going to couples therapy for it. I just really fear the end of the road - if I cannot accept an open relationship, what that means for ours.
She already did and it was.
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-york-times-xbox%E2%80%99s-millennial-c-e-o-isn%E2%80%99t-playing-around.1647181/#post-161213293

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, antagonism, and platform wars over multiple posts and threads. Recently allowed back after a prior permanent ban.
Rembrandt wrote:
Lotus wrote:Layoffs for starters
Glasfrut wrote:Those have already happened and scheduled to happen in the future.

It's a shame but let's not act like we didn't and don't have an active Kojima thread saying how's he terrible, the game will flop and they are massively overspending

Or the multiple posts saying the restructuring is for them to sell Xbox to the most attractive buyers.

The next time we have a Cerny thread and people are saying they could listen to him in their sleep or bathtub like memes here were saying, I'll bring up the closed studios, the restructuring of Bungie and the failure of their GAAS MP approach, removing physical discs, etc.

Hopefully you do the same just for consistency
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nd-confirms-that-intergalactic-wont-be-shown-off-again-until-2027-we-need-to-cook-for-just-a-little-bit-longer.1645675/page-6#post-161163733

Quote: Cop  User banned (2 weeks): Antagonistic trolling over multiple posts. History of similar behavior.
Killer wrote:
MMorpheus wrote:Ah got it. To express my excitement, I have to be getting paid for it. What are we doing here man? Keep this immature perspective on twitter.
Sorry to hurt you feelings.
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jane-doe-fully-recants-2024-sexual-assault-allegations-against-jay-z-and-diddy-admits-claims-were-false.1643488/#post-161093941

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
Cloud24 wrote:
gotriceboi wrote:No surprise there's less responses in here.
Hahaha right!!!? I remember the first thread when these accusations came out and there were a whole bunch of people calling him an evil this and that and this and that and now nothing.
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kim-hyung-tae-stellar-blade-would-love-to-work-on-bayonetta-if-given-the-chance.1644697/page-3#post-161104489
Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): Dismissive commentary around misogyny. Long history of similar behavior.
ABK281 wrote:
construct wrote:for no particular reason i'm sure
It's all performative bullshit. It's one of the few quality action games we've gotten in years.

Yes, the game has a cringy oversexualized main character, doesn't make the actual game part of it any worse.

SB2 on the other hand is a bit different, at least Eve was an adult. I won't play SB2 because I refuse to play as a child looking character that's sexualized, period.

I'm not going to pretend like SB1 wasn't a banger just because of the sequel, though.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/kim-hyung-tae-stellar-blade-would-love-to-work-on-bayonetta-if-given-the-chance.1644697/page-5#post-161157310
Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Objectifying Commentary
BashNasty wrote:Obviously unpopular opinion here, but I'd love that. Dude loves sexy women, let him work on a game with sexy women.
Reply
www.resetera.com/threads/boob-straps™-the-modern-hotness-in-hot-female-design.1636642/page-7

Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): Boys club rhetoric. Trolling.
LiK wrote:Bookmarking this thread for research
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sometimes-cringe-and-awkwardness-in-fiction-and-real-life-is-good-and-wholesome.1647499/

Quote:My attempt at a feel good thread.

Just a thought I've had the past few weeks. I notice whenever I see people saying someone was being "cringe" in fiction now, it's nearly always a negative, a statement making it clear they thought the character or scene. I can relate, cringe humour can be hard for me to watch a lot of the time and sometimes I do end to skip it (especially the form that based on just extended the uncomfortable or awkward scene which many comedians like to do).

But honestly, now all awkward and cringe moments fiction are bad and honestly, in some cases, fiction should have more of it. The reason I've been thinking about this is that I've been reading a lot of wholesome wlw and lesbian fan art and fan comics lately and much of what I've been seeing is built on awkwardness and people acting "cringe"... And honestly it's adorable and just kind of relatable. As someone with autism, it's very relatable when someone is struggle to speak because they get overwhelmed and flustered, social awkward or get super excited when someone is interested in one of my hobbies (their has actually have been times on this site I've had to control myself and delete hundreds of words from post because of this, recently it's been Yu-Gi-Oh!). I think some fiction would benefit a lot from having more of that... And more WLW and Lesbian representation in general... Like right now, like RIGHT NOW!!!! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!

And the more and more I become comfortable with being publicly trans and going to online trans and lesbian/wlw spaces, cringe and awkwardness can be so adorable and a wonderful thing. Tans men and women enjoying their real genders for the first time, seeing other women be so happy and shy about their crushes etc. It's great!


omfg
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:52 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kim-hyung-tae-stellar-blade-would-love-to-work-on-bayonetta-if-given-the-chance.1644697/page-3#post-161104489
Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): Dismissive commentary around misogyny. Long history of similar behavior.
ABK281 wrote:
construct wrote:for no particular reason i'm sure
It's all performative bullshit. It's one of the few quality action games we've gotten in years.

Yes, the game has a cringy oversexualized main character, doesn't make the actual game part of it any worse.

SB2 on the other hand is a bit different, at least Eve was an adult. I won't play SB2 because I refuse to play as a child looking character that's sexualized, period.

I'm not going to pretend like SB1 wasn't a banger just because of the sequel, though.

But he didn't dismiss anything regarding sexualization, what he called performative bullshit was people pretending that Stellar Blade wasn't a solid action game. Really can't be said enough how a post like this will result in a perma ban while talking about "the jewish lobby" gets you a temporary ban
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:20 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: Member only:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-wife-of-8-years-let-me-know-she-wants-an-open-relationship-struggling-to-navigate-it-any-advice.1647427/

What I learned from this thread is that Lobster Roll is apparently married?!? Yuck
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:45 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-york-times-xbox%E2%80%99s-millennial-c-e-o-isn%E2%80%99t-playing-around.1647181/#post-161213293

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, antagonism, and platform wars over multiple posts and threads. Recently allowed back after a prior permanent ban.
Rembrandt wrote:
Lotus wrote:Layoffs for starters
Glasfrut wrote:Those have already happened and scheduled to happen in the future.

It's a shame but let's not act like we didn't and don't have an active Kojima thread saying how's he terrible, the game will flop and they are massively overspending

Or the multiple posts saying the restructuring is for them to sell Xbox to the most attractive buyers.

The next time we have a Cerny thread and people are saying they could listen to him in their sleep or bathtub like memes here were saying, I'll bring up the closed studios, the restructuring of Bungie and the failure of their GAAS MP approach, removing physical discs, etc.

Hopefully you do the same just for consistency
flew too close to the Sun with all the cross thread drama
Reply
(09-30-2026, 07:01 PM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/sometimes-cringe-and-awkwardness-in-fiction-and-real-life-is-good-and-wholesome.1647499/

Quote:My attempt at a feel good thread.

Just a thought I've had the past few weeks. I notice whenever I see people saying someone was being "cringe" in fiction now, it's nearly always a negative, a statement making it clear they thought the character or scene. I can relate, cringe humour can be hard for me to watch a lot of the time and sometimes I do end to skip it (especially the form that based on just extended the uncomfortable or awkward scene which many comedians like to do).

But honestly, now all awkward and cringe moments fiction are bad and honestly, in some cases, fiction should have more of it. The reason I've been thinking about this is that I've been reading a lot of wholesome wlw and lesbian fan art and fan comics lately and much of what I've been seeing is built on awkwardness and people acting "cringe"... And honestly it's adorable and just kind of relatable. As someone with autism, it's very relatable when someone is struggle to speak because they get overwhelmed and flustered, social awkward or get super excited when someone is interested in one of my hobbies (their has actually have been times on this site I've had to control myself and delete hundreds of words from post because of this, recently it's been Yu-Gi-Oh!). I think some fiction would benefit a lot from having more of that... And more WLW and Lesbian representation in general... Like right now, like RIGHT NOW!!!! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!

And the more and more I become comfortable with being publicly trans and going to online trans and lesbian/wlw spaces, cringe and awkwardness can be so adorable and a wonderful thing. Tans men and women enjoying their real genders for the first time, seeing other women be so happy and shy about their crushes etc. It's great!


omfg

Clickity in the same thread. 

Quote:I agree. Many would say the character/game my avatar is of, is cringe, but I love her.

(also there is a dream sequence heavily implying Frey is lesbian or bi.)

Forspoken protagonist...
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:45 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-york-times-xbox%E2%80%99s-millennial-c-e-o-isn%E2%80%99t-playing-around.1647181/#post-161213293

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, antagonism, and platform wars over multiple posts and threads. Recently allowed back after a prior permanent ban.
Rembrandt wrote:
Lotus wrote:Layoffs for starters
Glasfrut wrote:Those have already happened and scheduled to happen in the future.

It's a shame but let's not act like we didn't and don't have an active Kojima thread saying how's he terrible, the game will flop and they are massively overspending

Or the multiple posts saying the restructuring is for them to sell Xbox to the most attractive buyers.

The next time we have a Cerny thread and people are saying they could listen to him in their sleep or bathtub like memes here were saying, I'll bring up the closed studios, the restructuring of Bungie and the failure of their GAAS MP approach, removing physical discs, etc.

Hopefully you do the same just for consistency
Quote: Recently allowed back after a prior permanent ban.
huh
Reply
(09-30-2026, 07:09 PM)Jansen wrote:
(09-30-2026, 06:45 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-york-times-xbox%E2%80%99s-millennial-c-e-o-isn%E2%80%99t-playing-around.1647181/#post-161213293

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, antagonism, and platform wars over multiple posts and threads. Recently allowed back after a prior permanent ban.
Rembrandt wrote:It's a shame but let's not act like we didn't and don't have an active Kojima thread saying how's he terrible, the game will flop and they are massively overspending

Or the multiple posts saying the restructuring is for them to sell Xbox to the most attractive buyers.

The next time we have a Cerny thread and people are saying they could listen to him in their sleep or bathtub like memes here were saying, I'll bring up the closed studios, the restructuring of Bungie and the failure of their GAAS MP approach, removing physical discs, etc.

Hopefully you do the same just for consistency
flew too close to the Sun with all the cross thread drama

Or challenge Carl...

Rembrandt wrote:What am I supposed to doom and gloom about now?
ClickyCarl wrote:Microsoft's continued support of apartheid and genocide?
Rembrandt wrote:That's reasonable. Are you also gonna go to the pinned thread or call out any of the people using that to console war, or? There's been numerous bannings for it. If you're gonna go for the genocide angle, also criticize the amount of people that suddenly cared and posted about it because of Kojima like people have.
Reply
(09-30-2026, 07:08 PM)BIONIC wrote:
(09-30-2026, 06:20 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: Member only:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-wife-of-8-years-let-me-know-she-wants-an-open-relationship-struggling-to-navigate-it-any-advice.1647427/

What I learned from this thread is that Lobster Roll is apparently married?!? Yuck

Quote:Locked per OP request.

lol
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:52 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kim-hyung-tae-stellar-blade-would-love-to-work-on-bayonetta-if-given-the-chance.1644697/page-3#post-161104489
Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): Dismissive commentary around misogyny. Long history of similar behavior.
ABK281 wrote:
construct wrote:for no particular reason i'm sure
It's all performative bullshit. It's one of the few quality action games we've gotten in years.

Yes, the game has a cringy oversexualized main character, doesn't make the actual game part of it any worse.

SB2 on the other hand is a bit different, at least Eve was an adult. I won't play SB2 because I refuse to play as a child looking character that's sexualized, period.


I'm not going to pretend like SB1 wasn't a banger just because of the sequel, though.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/kim-hyung-tae-stellar-blade-would-love-to-work-on-bayonetta-if-given-the-chance.1644697/page-5#post-161157310

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can’t serve both God and Mammon.”

So don’t try to pretend you are with the burka thread.
Reply
(09-30-2026, 12:50 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: The fuck PTSD is he dealing with? Missing out on a Prime deal for a console?

Probably that young college dude who laughed at him for being a weeb.
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:03 PM)BIONIC wrote:
Transistor, post: 161217142, member: 1099 wrote:LOL, it's AI trash that nobody cares about, really. That's why there's not much discourse.

Talking about AI trash when it's just about programming is such a weird cope. Putting Minecraft into Elden Ring isn't high art but if you can't see that this is well made you're just denying reality

Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:52 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kim-hyung-tae-stellar-blade-would-love-to-work-on-bayonetta-if-given-the-chance.1644697/page-3#post-161104489
Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): Dismissive commentary around misogyny. Long history of similar behavior.
ABK281 wrote:
construct wrote:for no particular reason i'm sure
It's all performative bullshit. It's one of the few quality action games we've gotten in years.

Yes, the game has a cringy oversexualized main character, doesn't make the actual game part of it any worse.

SB2 on the other hand is a bit different, at least Eve was an adult. I won't play SB2 because I refuse to play as a child looking character that's sexualized, period.

I'm not going to pretend like SB1 wasn't a banger just because of the sequel, though.
This is the most milquetoast defense of the first Stellar Blade coming from a 3.4k post user with an 8 year old account that did all the correct virtue signals and they STILL perm'd him. Kyuji's bald ginger ass openly states his enjoyment of the first game and never misses an opportunity post screenshots and gifs from it yet THIS gets perm'd. Goddamn, the unwritten rules and identity hierarchy is in full swing.
 
Whoo 
 
Genuinely, what is the endgoal of RE now? The forum activity on the decline, new registrations aren't coming in fast enough, everyone's walking on eggshells, longtime users are getting disappeared because a few burka brigade members got peeved in the replies, it's all a total mess.
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:58 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: www.resetera.com/threads/boob-straps™-the-modern-hotness-in-hot-female-design.1636642/page-7

Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): Boys club rhetoric. Trolling.
LiK wrote:Bookmarking this thread for research

That thread is starting to become burka thread v2
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault.1647682/#post-161232451

Oof…always knew he was off tbh
Reply
(09-30-2026, 08:25 PM)simiansmarts wrote:
(09-30-2026, 06:52 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kim-hyung-tae-stellar-blade-would-love-to-work-on-bayonetta-if-given-the-chance.1644697/page-3#post-161104489
Quote: CopUser banned (permanent): Dismissive commentary around misogyny. Long history of similar behavior.
ABK281 wrote:It's all performative bullshit. It's one of the few quality action games we've gotten in years.

Yes, the game has a cringy oversexualized main character, doesn't make the actual game part of it any worse.

SB2 on the other hand is a bit different, at least Eve was an adult. I won't play SB2 because I refuse to play as a child looking character that's sexualized, period.

I'm not going to pretend like SB1 wasn't a banger just because of the sequel, though.
This is the most milquetoast defense of the first Stellar Blade coming from a 3.4k post user with an 8 year old account that did all the correct virtue signals and they STILL perm'd him. Kyuji's bald ginger ass openly states his enjoyment of the first game and never misses an opportunity post screenshots and gifs from it yet THIS gets perm'd. Goddamn, the unwritten rules and identity hierarchy is in full swing.

Whoo

Genuinely, what is the endgoal of RE now? The forum activity on the decline, new registrations aren't coming in fast enough, everyone's walking on eggshells, longtime users are getting disappeared because a few burka brigade members got peeved in the replies, it's all a total mess.
MOBA needs to hire Asha Sharma to dismantle Ree and sell off its assets. Benji should be able to buy Nepenthe and MAYBE Clicky if we’re lucky.
Reply
(09-30-2026, 09:40 PM)Greatness Gone wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault.1647682/#post-161232451

Oof…always knew he was off tbh

That one will be interesting in how it's handled because he's part of that whole wholesome, thoughtful gaming crowd. Will they kick him out right away?

 His video essays are genuinely great so kind of hope it's not true.
Reply
Leftistlawyer surprise appearance on my timeline


[Image: HTffnntWwAA8uEh?format=jpg&name=medium]

She was the one who defended that noodle guy (i forgot his full username) when he got arrested on campus, right?
Reply
(09-30-2026, 02:13 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(09-30-2026, 12:37 PM)Jansen wrote:
Dr. Nothing Loud, post: 161206096, member: 4041 wrote:Somewhat. I moved to FL where my parents are and they helped me qualify for a cheap apartment. Abandoned my house in seattle to rent it out hopefully because i cant afford it. Still unemployed and disabled. Despite producing award winning viral research and getting the most accolades possible with my phd, I haven't landed on stable work. The last work I tried ended up being a scam that bamboozled me and my time. Im trying to sell my artwork but haven't made sales yet. So my circumstances are precarious and I hope I heal from my depression/ptsd and land on my feet soon.

Currently in a hospital bed awaiting my 7th ECT session.

Is he referring to his own scams, or is this some other, third scam?

You had it right. People saw his shit (lol) was a scam. He’s the scammer. It’s him. 

Era don’t need all the details, yall. Not everybody needs to hear it in the back.
Reply
(09-29-2026, 08:08 PM)Potato wrote: I really like this take.

Quote:There's a lot of injustice in the world, but people really need to be careful not to end up like the League of Shadows from Batman. Yea sometimes people who deserve to face justice don't, but I don't want to start punishing everyone harsher cause the privileged get away with it easier.
Uh, isn't Ra's goal to kill 90+% of the population. What's the "justice" happening here? And isn't a massive wealthy multi-billionaire who lives outside all laws with a secret bunch of immortal pools and his own personal ninja clan kind of privileged?

(09-30-2026, 02:13 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(09-30-2026, 12:37 PM)Jansen wrote:
Dr. Nothing Loud, post: 161206096, member: 4041 wrote:Somewhat. I moved to FL where my parents are and they helped me qualify for a cheap apartment. Abandoned my house in seattle to rent it out hopefully because i cant afford it. Still unemployed and disabled. Despite producing award winning viral research and getting the most accolades possible with my phd, I haven't landed on stable work. The last work I tried ended up being a scam that bamboozled me and my time. Im trying to sell my artwork but haven't made sales yet. So my circumstances are precarious and I hope I heal from my depression/ptsd and land on my feet soon.

Currently in a hospital bed awaiting my 7th ECT session.
Is he referring to his own scams, or is this some other, third scam?
(09-30-2026, 04:24 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Nothing loud should be able to get a job based on his achievements. The reason he can't is because he's absolutely batshit mental and anyone within 50 feet of him can tell immediately. You'd be sat next to him in stand up and he'd start trying to get you to get plastic abs and electrocute yourself.
He's said before he only wants a remote position and I think the "scam" is the one he took with that University for a single semester that's he had vague complaints about and left after a few months. I think he thought they were setting him up with some kind of cushy remote lab position with tenure as an AWARD WINNING VIRAL RESEARCHER deserves and the "scam" was when they expected him to teach as befits the lowly "instructor" job position he took. And probably had more requirements for him to continue the remote position for a school a thousand miles away.

And I'm sure he only took that job out of desperation, you know he still thinks he deserves six figures just because he got a PhD of no real renown.
Reply
(09-30-2026, 06:20 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: Member only:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-wife-of-8-years-let-me-know-she-wants-an-open-relationship-struggling-to-navigate-it-any-advice.1647427/

freetacos wrote:Want to preface this by saying I'm in both couples therapy and individual therapy. I know when a lot of personal issues/events are shared on Era, a common (and correct) response is "therapy is probably the answer". So this is mostly just for me to vent/share thoughts/garner light advice/resources from others who have maybe experienced something similar.

Short backstory. Married 8 years, together 12. No kids. Monogamous relationship the whole time, though she's often joked that she likes it when other women hit on me, etc. But nothing really past that. She's definitely more extroverted/life of the party type. I'm naturally more introverted, but can turn it on in the right situations.

This summer a number of events happened in her life/mind. Her best friend moved away which really affected her. She had a separate girl's trip on the river where she felt like she found her "spark" again - wanting to be more in nature, meeting people, etc. She grew up with a pretty controlling father, and hasn't had a ton of long term relationships besides me. She felt like she was just going through life, doing the things she was "supposed to" do (which, I totally get).

So this summer kinda triggered something in her of just wanting to be more free. She still loves me and wants to be married/in a relationship with me. I also don't believe she wants to specifically seek out another romantic relationship/go on "dates". But she kinda framed it as "if I'm out on an adventure and I happen to meet someone, I don't want to feel held back by anything - it doesn't necessarily need to always be sexual, but I want to feel unburdened". In my mind, I don't care if she adventures/parties/even flirts with other guys - my line was at specifically romantic/physical/sexual intimacy.

This has obviously brought up a lot of feelings of insecurity, what future life looks like if we do have a more open relationship (will she stay over at other places with a guy she meets, will it eventually lead to her preferring someone else that has more shared interests, etc).

The added wrinkle is we were both on the fence about having kids - but had recently been trying. But with this revelation of hers, kids are 100% off the table. Which I am mostly fine with, but have been having thoughts about mortality, what I leave behind, etc. Which is a separate (but related) topic.

Has anyone else gone through anything similar? I am grateful we are going to couples therapy for it. I just really fear the end of the road - if I cannot accept an open relationship, what that means for ours.
She already did and it was.

It’s absolutely insane. The few era posters who are married are cucked up. They’re all cucks!
Reply
Yes it is horrible that the plane got hijacked and we have genocides and wars and all that

BUT

That should not mean you shouldn't buy Ace Combat 8
Reply


Forum Jump: