Journal of Other Forum Analysis (Volume II, Issue 2)
This one's a bit bizarre, but got a chuckle outta me.

Weird-as-fuck, grown ass adult creates thread complaining about his Mum not letting him play San Andreas as a kid.

Runs to ResetEra so he can shit on his Mom for internet points and calls her 'silly':

https://www.resetera.com/threads/was-my-mom-silly-for-not-letting-me-play-san-andreas-as-a-kid-please-read-op-for-context-before-poll.790449/


[Image: tU16SeZ.png]

Infamous ex-Administrator Bishoptl pulls out a post made by OP on NeoGAF in 2004, which reveals OP is a stereotyping racist  lol

This also means OP's age is roughly around 40 years old, making OP an even bigger loser for calling his mother silly after TWO FUCKING DECADES.

[Image: JFTDGwc.png]

Nearly 3 years later, OP bizarrely returns, claims not to have seen Bishoptl's post and is all like 

"How could people (like me) think like a nazi back in 2004  uguu

[Image: bMO7cW0.png]

Until...

[Image: pWvCHda.png]


So Transistor locks a thread, telling OP not to bump an 'ancient' thread that was... created by the racist OP himself  ???



No Fun Allowed


Just bizarre.
Reply
Imagine that. In 2004 Whites and Italians were considered to be cooler than Black People. Much has changed in 2 decades.
2 users liked this post: DavidCroquet, Taco Bell Tower
Reply
(10-04-2026, 01:52 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(10-04-2026, 01:24 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Green Lantern.

Why is Zeo so fucking insecure? I like the Lanterns show but pointing out that there's like two minutes of actual green lantern powers in a whole season is a totally fair complaint. Zeo could at least explain why that doesn't matter to him but instead he cries like a baby
Decades of Green Lantern.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
It's like you didn't even hear that one character name that place that appeared in a storyline. Girlslaff 
Reply
(10-04-2026, 05:23 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(10-04-2026, 05:05 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161318683

This article got so many people fucking banned  Rejoice

Literally everyone who said it was a good article got banned for at least a month Rofl

lmao I didn't expect they'd pull a stunt like this. Someone was seething that people liked the article

Quote:Yeah, that was very well written.
User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault

They're fucking insane
When all the rape apologists chuds are finally rooted out of RE, the women WILL come running to the forum and they WILL thank the mods with their presence
Reply
(10-04-2026, 01:12 PM)Nintex wrote:
(10-04-2026, 11:30 AM)Daffy Duck wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/alanah-pearce-why-gta-6-wont-win-game-of-the-year-2026.1650598/

Alana’s trying to stay relevant by posting a shitty clickbait video

Ocarina of Time will be the bigger release Miyamoto 

I know people who own PS5's who want GTA6 but I don't know anyone who is buying one to play GTA6. They either wait for the game to release to see if it is actually good or the PC release down the line. OOT on the other hand is making people buy a Switch 2. Those who haven't played it before, those who are nostalgic for it and those who want a second Switch 2 because it has a Zelda sticker on it. 

GTA6 also has the "jason is a cuck" controversy among what used to be the target audience and the most popular element of GTA5 was GTA Online and that is still MIA.

Ocarina of Time is what Top Gun Maverick was post COVID back in 2022. The game that will revive the gaming industry. 

The 1st GTA6 trailer had 300 million views. 
The 2nd trailer dropped to 180 million views. 
The "extended look" 30 million views.

It's true, I just pre-ordered Legend of Zelda Switch 2 theme  Stahp
Reply
(10-04-2026, 02:06 PM)simiansmarts wrote:
(10-04-2026, 01:52 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(10-04-2026, 01:24 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Green Lantern.

Why is Zeo so fucking insecure? I like the Lanterns show but pointing out that there's like two minutes of actual green lantern powers in a whole season is a totally fair complaint. Zeo could at least explain why that doesn't matter to him but instead he cries like a baby
Because he's a disgusting, basement-dwelling incel with no friends who women run away from and would never say that shit to a person's face. Little freak.
[Image: 406.jpg]
Reply
All my homies are playing zelda first
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eyes-wide-shut-the-complicity-of-the-media-and-public-towards-tom-cruises-role-with-his-cult.1650610/

Cruise Missile
Reply
(10-04-2026, 05:23 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(10-04-2026, 05:05 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161318683

This article got so many people fucking banned  Rejoice

Literally everyone who said it was a good article got banned for at least a month Rofl

lmao I didn't expect they'd pull a stunt like this. Someone was seething that people liked the article


That someone was B-Dubs. All those bans happened today. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-34

[Image: Ey1N4cK.png]

Having the tiniest fucking backbone and standing up to the trans community  Nope


Banning anyone for going against the hivemind  Oh yeah



Honestly, these bans show what an absolute fucking loser B-Dubs really is.

There was nothing wrong whatsoever with that article. It was an intelligent, balanced, sensible take, with a message so simple that even a brain-damaged, retarded, lobotomised chimpanzee could understand it: give people a second chance when they've shown they've changed.

What do you think you're really achieved by banning every single person who agreed with the article, B-Dubs? Do you think you got some brownie points and made people fall in love with you all over again?

The vast majority of the trans community hate your fucking guts and want you gone.

So do all of Hasan Piker's ass-lickers.

You can add every single jew-hating, anti-zionist to the pile.

And you haven't impressed any biological, natural born, natural-tittied woman either, because there are almost zero left on your forum.

All you've done with your bans is shown that no one, absolutely no one, is ever able to go against the hivemind opinion. One day, when you're a 70 year old fart, living in an old peoples home, you'll be hit with the epiphany 'All I ever did with my life was ban people and nobody liked me, not even ZeoVGM' and you'll finally realise what an absolute trainwreck your entire life really was.
Reply
(10-04-2026, 07:07 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/eyes-wide-shut-the-complicity-of-the-media-and-public-towards-tom-cruises-role-with-his-cult.1650610/

Cruise Missile
I'm sure this poster from yesterday will come running to Scientology's defense, right? Teehee
TwntyOneTwlv wrote:cool another thread where Era gets to bash religion
Reply
(10-04-2026, 06:49 PM)simiansmarts wrote: When all the rape apologists chuds are finally rooted out of RE, the women WILL come running to the forum and they WILL thank the mods with their presence
Hesright And finally we'll be able to talk about the need for a lesbian fighting game made by lesbians for lesbians.
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-24#post-161283037
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories, account in junior phase
MageBoySA wrote:
Icesage wrote:Absolutely, they had several different roads to reveal this info and chose one of the most irresponsible avenues
Honestly, the fact that they revealed it on Twitter and without the victims consent makes me really suspicious for their reasons for doing it. It almost seems like fuel for the right wing sphere to have more to point at right before the election in the US.

Though everyone else handled it properly. It's something that should have been disclosed to co-workers and is also something that should have shown up on a background check but likely didn't because the school hid it for years too.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161318683
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
phanboy4 wrote:https://epiloguegaming.com/what-do-we-do-with-jacob-geller/

Best treatment of the whole situation I've seen, I think.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161319496
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Brainfreeze wrote:
Boards of Canada wrote:I am not lying. I am reading the comments right now. Most of them are downvoted.
I can't speak to the reddit comments myself, but judging a subreddit by its most downvoted comments is like judging era by the posts of its banned users. Just seems odd to group everyone in with that (which you appear to be doing with the word "predominantly") when they, as a whole, clearly disapprove.

phanboy4 wrote:https://epiloguegaming.com/what-do-we-do-with-jacob-geller/

Best treatment of the whole situation I've seen, I think.
Jesus, that's beautiful writing. It wrestles with everything I've been talking about in this thread and then some, and handles it much better than I did. I'm going to save this. Extremely thoughtful and insightful, and a discussion I'm very interested in continuing with after we have some time from the revelation and some distance from this thread.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320075
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Icesage wrote:
Quote:Still, there is a peculiar trap in insisting that no subsequent evidence can ever count, morally speaking. If a person commits serious harm at twenty, accepts responsibility for it, experiences consequences, spends ten years attempting to become someone who will never inflict that harm again, and reaches thirty only to discover that nothing done during those intervening years possesses any moral weight whatsoever, then "rehabilitation" has become a word describing a process whose successful completion we have defined as ontologically impossible – asymptotic, even. The original act remains irreversible, as it should. But the moral identity of the person who committed it has also been declared irreversible, which is a much larger proposition and one I am not prepared to full-throatedly accept.
I especially liked this paragraph


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320324
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
GingerBearMan27 wrote:This article articulates everything I've been feeling about this situation beautifully and says so much more. So much to think about and really think everyone in this thread should read it.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320423
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Curt Baboon wrote:Incredible read.

Also that picture of Jacob and the rest of the MinnMax crew looking so happy legitimately breaks my heart.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (3 months): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault. Prior severe ban for dismissive commentary.
Mary Celeste wrote:Tremendous piece, thank you for sharing.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320633
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Yerffej wrote:Yeah, that was very well written.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
ForwardUntoPizza wrote:Some people just have it when it comes to writing, goddamn.

Excellently captured the feeling of being angry about both the assault and sudden revelation while also believing that people can be rehabilitated.

Thank you for sharing.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
RecipeforDisaster wrote:It's a good piece. If it's a tad more sympathetic than I feel, it's, I think, in service to bigger ideas than just this specific scenario.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321242
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
OneTrueJack wrote:Yeah, I think that just about reflects my own messy thoughts on the matter. Great article.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321365
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
DCCRincon wrote:
Robotoboy wrote:They literally dodge the entire reason people are angry. He does not deserve the fame and fortune he built from his work because he did it through deception. It's that simple. Had he been honest from the start, his plea of "guilt" and "working to make himself better" would not ring hollow.

I refuse to let people help him wriggle out from underneath that. This is not a time to philosophize our "society" it's a time to recognize how many people will try to minimize the reprucussions men face when they do this shit. You can argue against retributional punishment - whatever... but exile and protest from his public career is NOT that...
A more extreme (aggressive?) version of how I feel, but I get it.

RecipeforDisaster wrote:It's a good piece. If it's a tad more sympathetic than I feel, it's, I think, in service to bigger ideas than just this specific scenario.
Yea, I think this is a really good well written piece, but I also think it's too sympathetic, however the author is regularly reminding us that she's been a huge fan of his and it's tough for her. So I think the degree of sympathy she has is just a natural consequence of that. This news sucks and that article captures all the degrees in which it sucks, very well.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321704
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Ravelle wrote:That was an amazing read, been struggling with the whole situation in my head and this put my thoughts in words in a way I never could.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161322793
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Coyote Starrk wrote:Fantastic piece.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161325496
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
gfv wrote:
Robotoboy wrote:Nobody has said this. They have said they don't think he deserved the specific career path that granted him fame, power, and public platform.

Which is vastly different from "He shouldn't have any career"
Ok but the deserving part is about the output of his work. It has nothing to do with the offenses.

If he is allowed to have a career after the offense, there is a chance such career would be successful. Unless we permanently label him so people know who not to support and he wouldn't have a successful career. (But that later suggestion is even worse)

Edit: now reading the later comments I am noticing that people really would approve some kind of permanent labeling system for heinous offenses. Oof, that's scary and it goes against most studies on criminology.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326201
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Lukar wrote:This is really damn well-written. Thanks for sharing it.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326558
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Tygre wrote:What a phenomenal article.

Captures my thoughts on this whole messy situation very well, especially the sections regarding the cultural primacy of retributive justice and the annihilation of complex moral situations in favour of simplistic black and white thinking.
Quote:Obviously, an apology cannot un-assault somebody. But, in terms of accountability, if reversibility is the standard by which remorse becomes meaningful, then remorse can never be meaningful for serious wrongdoing precisely because serious wrongdoing is itself defined in part by its irreversibility. That is, the purpose of accountability cannot be to invent a time machine. Accountability must instead involve a complex tapestry of acknowledging harm, accepting consequences, changing behavior, reducing the possibility of future harm, and recognizing that the person harmed retains no obligation whatsoever to participate in your redemption.
Quote:A society that claims to believe people can change must construct some imaginable future for people who actually do. Otherwise, every incentive points in the opposite direction. Why admit wrongdoing if admission and denial ultimately produce the same permanent identity? Why undertake the humiliating work of confronting what you have done if nothing you become afterward can possess moral significance? Why should someone who has caused harm believe in rehabilitation when the rehabilitative society itself demonstrably does not?
I do not want to live in a society where condemnation is total, permanent and irreversible. I do not believe the death penalty can ever be just at least in part because of the permanence of such a sentence (I of course have many other problems with that moral abomination).

Rehabilitation is not something that must be assumed, or taken as given, but it must be possible.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326945
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Au Gratin wrote:Thank you for sharing. This was a great read and sums up my messy feelings about it too.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-33#post-161341591

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
anoneraguy wrote:Thanks for this. Can see some of my own behavior that i've been guilty of in some aspects that's being discussed here so gonna let in roll around in my head
Reply
(10-04-2026, 07:33 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-24#post-161283037
MageBoySA wrote:It almost seems like fuel for the right wing sphere to have more to point at right before the election in the US.
Wut
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Reply
Quote:He does not deserve the fame and fortune he built from his work because he did it through deception.

omfg
Reply
(10-04-2026, 05:39 AM)benji wrote: Nepenthe actually drifts into the standard Marxist mandate that people should have to labor to have something. She just broadly defines labor to where it means doing anything you want even if nobody wants it, like Lucio fanfiction porn. In the case of artists she agrees completely with Royalan there that you should have to have to labor to be an artist and anyone being able to just create something by typing it in is an offense and theft from everyone who labors.

Neither she nor Royalan places any value on the people who labor for the AI models to be able to do that. The people who developed the models, the people who developed the hardware, the people who construct the hardware, the people who maintain the hardware, etc. Same as they dismiss the labor behind things they rely on like Google (YouTube), Apple, and Era itself (Amazon). They're all just scabs stealing from the caste who matters: coincidentally the cast they place themselves in.

Their fundamental objection to capitalism is that the value of everything is decided by others, they want it decided by themselves. They turn to socialism because they're idiots who think it's the opposite in every way of capitalism, not that it's doubling down on a specific conception of capitalism, monopolizing the decider of value in the single corporation that runs society rather than anywhere there's individuals who want what you produce. They're just narcissists so they assume they personally will be running the state and making those decisions rather than some chud or TERF or techbro.

She uses the vocabulary but doesn't quite get the meaning or has chosen to make it her own.  And she chooses the vocabulary because it sounds smart and she can make it mean what she wants.  She and Hasan began using the terms Imperial Core and Periphery at the same time which comes from the theory of World Systems. I can't tell if Hasan literally means he believes in world systems theory since it's been discredited because it doesn't focus on the people at all and considered markets the only way to describe a nation.  But Nepenthe genuinely prefers to live in a cold war mentality and doesn't adapt to the world now.  For her the fight between Communism and Capitalism still wages, Drago should've beaten Rocky, the crop yields reported in the 70's and 80's were accurate.  I imagine she likes the stay in that worldview because it's got a clear good vs a clear evil.  The fact that her side lost and exists in only the most brutal of state regimes doesn't reach her because she still lives in 1980. 

She apparently is too real or something for her local DSA who might actually call her out of her understanding of "labor."  With Era she managed to create a bubble where she controls the language and who can talk to her and well as what the 'proles," talk about.  It's pretty amazing to see but they've banned so many wrong thinkers it's kinda stagnant.  Hopefully come November some new interesting twists and developments are created.
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/platinumgames-ceo-atsushi-inaba-talks-nintendo-switch-2-offers-brief-comment-on-bayonettas-future.1650505/page-2#post-161362246

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonizing other users, misuse of the report system.
Dale Copper wrote:
mantidor wrote:You sure sound like one.

Bayo 1 on PC did nothing to bring the series back to life, it only still exists because of Nintendo as much as it pains you.
I don't give a shit about Bayo or pc, pc players are some of the dumbest posters on this site.
Reply
(10-04-2026, 05:23 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(10-04-2026, 05:05 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161318683

This article got so many people fucking banned  Rejoice

Literally everyone who said it was a good article got banned for at least a month Rofl

lmao I didn't expect they'd pull a stunt like this. Someone was seething that people liked the article

Quote:Yeah, that was very well written.
User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault

They're fucking insane
Tygre banned for one month Cruise Missile
Reply
https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-discussion-wolverine-and-the-new-onimusha-are-two-sides-of-the-same-coin.1650499/page-2#post-161365897

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
BootieBoi wrote:And I won't stop harassing Insomniac and/or Wolverine for reasons that have nothing to do with the game itself until the Wokeverine is dead
Reply
Quote:Visawife, noted theorist

That is class reductionism and I disagree with that approach. No one is equal until we are all equal. Equity over equality. Also characterising Palestine as a "fringe" issue is just wrong. If it was so fringe, we wouldn't be sending weapons and billions to the oppressors, proscribe an activist group as a terrorist group so police put 90 year olds in handcuffs for holding up a sign of support, and there be such a charge for BDS, amongst many other examples.

So then Mr genius does that not mean that zionists are equal to you too? Or have we carved out a little exception there on account of SOME OTHER REASON
Reply
(10-04-2026, 07:33 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-24#post-161283037
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories, account in junior phase
MageBoySA wrote:
Icesage wrote:Absolutely, they had several different roads to reveal this info and chose one of the most irresponsible avenues
Honestly, the fact that they revealed it on Twitter and without the victims consent makes me really suspicious for their reasons for doing it. It almost seems like fuel for the right wing sphere to have more to point at right before the election in the US.

Though everyone else handled it properly. It's something that should have been disclosed to co-workers and is also something that should have shown up on a background check but likely didn't because the school hid it for years too.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161318683
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
phanboy4 wrote:https://epiloguegaming.com/what-do-we-do-with-jacob-geller/

Best treatment of the whole situation I've seen, I think.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161319496
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Brainfreeze wrote:
Boards of Canada wrote:I am not lying. I am reading the comments right now. Most of them are downvoted.
I can't speak to the reddit comments myself, but judging a subreddit by its most downvoted comments is like judging era by the posts of its banned users. Just seems odd to group everyone in with that (which you appear to be doing with the word "predominantly") when they, as a whole, clearly disapprove.

phanboy4 wrote:https://epiloguegaming.com/what-do-we-do-with-jacob-geller/

Best treatment of the whole situation I've seen, I think.
Jesus, that's beautiful writing. It wrestles with everything I've been talking about in this thread and then some, and handles it much better than I did. I'm going to save this. Extremely thoughtful and insightful, and a discussion I'm very interested in continuing with after we have some time from the revelation and some distance from this thread.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320075
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Icesage wrote:
Quote:Still, there is a peculiar trap in insisting that no subsequent evidence can ever count, morally speaking. If a person commits serious harm at twenty, accepts responsibility for it, experiences consequences, spends ten years attempting to become someone who will never inflict that harm again, and reaches thirty only to discover that nothing done during those intervening years possesses any moral weight whatsoever, then "rehabilitation" has become a word describing a process whose successful completion we have defined as ontologically impossible – asymptotic, even. The original act remains irreversible, as it should. But the moral identity of the person who committed it has also been declared irreversible, which is a much larger proposition and one I am not prepared to full-throatedly accept.
I especially liked this paragraph


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320324
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
GingerBearMan27 wrote:This article articulates everything I've been feeling about this situation beautifully and says so much more. So much to think about and really think everyone in this thread should read it.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320423
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Curt Baboon wrote:Incredible read.

Also that picture of Jacob and the rest of the MinnMax crew looking so happy legitimately breaks my heart.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (3 months): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault. Prior severe ban for dismissive commentary.
Mary Celeste wrote:Tremendous piece, thank you for sharing.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320633
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Yerffej wrote:Yeah, that was very well written.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
ForwardUntoPizza wrote:Some people just have it when it comes to writing, goddamn.

Excellently captured the feeling of being angry about both the assault and sudden revelation while also believing that people can be rehabilitated.

Thank you for sharing.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
RecipeforDisaster wrote:It's a good piece. If it's a tad more sympathetic than I feel, it's, I think, in service to bigger ideas than just this specific scenario.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321242
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
OneTrueJack wrote:Yeah, I think that just about reflects my own messy thoughts on the matter. Great article.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321365
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
DCCRincon wrote:
Robotoboy wrote:They literally dodge the entire reason people are angry. He does not deserve the fame and fortune he built from his work because he did it through deception. It's that simple. Had he been honest from the start, his plea of "guilt" and "working to make himself better" would not ring hollow.

I refuse to let people help him wriggle out from underneath that. This is not a time to philosophize our "society" it's a time to recognize how many people will try to minimize the reprucussions men face when they do this shit. You can argue against retributional punishment - whatever... but exile and protest from his public career is NOT that...
A more extreme (aggressive?) version of how I feel, but I get it.

RecipeforDisaster wrote:It's a good piece. If it's a tad more sympathetic than I feel, it's, I think, in service to bigger ideas than just this specific scenario.
Yea, I think this is a really good well written piece, but I also think it's too sympathetic, however the author is regularly reminding us that she's been a huge fan of his and it's tough for her. So I think the degree of sympathy she has is just a natural consequence of that. This news sucks and that article captures all the degrees in which it sucks, very well.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321704
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Ravelle wrote:That was an amazing read, been struggling with the whole situation in my head and this put my thoughts in words in a way I never could.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161322793
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Coyote Starrk wrote:Fantastic piece.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161325496
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
gfv wrote:
Robotoboy wrote:Nobody has said this. They have said they don't think he deserved the specific career path that granted him fame, power, and public platform.

Which is vastly different from "He shouldn't have any career"
Ok but the deserving part is about the output of his work. It has nothing to do with the offenses.

If he is allowed to have a career after the offense, there is a chance such career would be successful. Unless we permanently label him so people know who not to support and he wouldn't have a successful career. (But that later suggestion is even worse)

Edit: now reading the later comments I am noticing that people really would approve some kind of permanent labeling system for heinous offenses. Oof, that's scary and it goes against most studies on criminology.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326201
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Lukar wrote:This is really damn well-written. Thanks for sharing it.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326558
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Tygre wrote:What a phenomenal article.

Captures my thoughts on this whole messy situation very well, especially the sections regarding the cultural primacy of retributive justice and the annihilation of complex moral situations in favour of simplistic black and white thinking.
Quote:Obviously, an apology cannot un-assault somebody. But, in terms of accountability, if reversibility is the standard by which remorse becomes meaningful, then remorse can never be meaningful for serious wrongdoing precisely because serious wrongdoing is itself defined in part by its irreversibility. That is, the purpose of accountability cannot be to invent a time machine. Accountability must instead involve a complex tapestry of acknowledging harm, accepting consequences, changing behavior, reducing the possibility of future harm, and recognizing that the person harmed retains no obligation whatsoever to participate in your redemption.
Quote:A society that claims to believe people can change must construct some imaginable future for people who actually do. Otherwise, every incentive points in the opposite direction. Why admit wrongdoing if admission and denial ultimately produce the same permanent identity? Why undertake the humiliating work of confronting what you have done if nothing you become afterward can possess moral significance? Why should someone who has caused harm believe in rehabilitation when the rehabilitative society itself demonstrably does not?
I do not want to live in a society where condemnation is total, permanent and irreversible. I do not believe the death penalty can ever be just at least in part because of the permanence of such a sentence (I of course have many other problems with that moral abomination).

Rehabilitation is not something that must be assumed, or taken as given, but it must be possible.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326945
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Au Gratin wrote:Thank you for sharing. This was a great read and sums up my messy feelings about it too.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-33#post-161341591

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
anoneraguy wrote:Thanks for this. Can see some of my own behavior that i've been guilty of in some aspects that's being discussed here so gonna let in roll around in my head

More bans for the ban God!!!!
klobbbbbbb
Reply
(10-04-2026, 07:44 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:He does not deserve

The Resetera philosophy in 4 words. 
But that's none of my business...
Reply
Good on hap because there was no fucking way I was going to quote all that shit
Reply
(10-04-2026, 07:17 PM)Venice wrote: That someone was B-Dubs. All those bans happened today. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-34

[Image: Ey1N4cK.png]

Having the tiniest fucking backbone and standing up to the trans community  Nope


Banning anyone for going against the hivemind  Oh yeah



Honestly, these bans show what an absolute fucking loser B-Dubs really is.

There was nothing wrong whatsoever with that article. It was an intelligent, balanced, sensible take, with a message so simple that even a brain-damaged, retarded, lobotomised chimpanzee could understand it: give people a second chance when they've shown they've changed.

What do you think you're really achieved by banning every single person who agreed with the article, B-Dubs? Do you think you got some brownie points and made people fall in love with you all over again?

The vast majority of the trans community hate your fucking guts and want you gone.

So do all of Hasan Piker's ass-lickers.

You can add every single jew-hating, anti-zionist to the pile.

And you haven't impressed any biological, natural born, natural-tittied woman either, because there are almost zero left on your forum.

All you've done with your bans is shown that no one, absolutely no one, is ever able to go against the hivemind opinion. One day, when you're a 70 year old fart, living in an old peoples home, you'll be hit with the epiphany 'All I ever did with my life was ban people and nobody liked me, not even ZeoVGM' and you'll finally realise what an absolute trainwreck your entire life really was.

Reminder that in the constructive thread he posted his guiding principle "Just don't be an asshole"

Apparently thinking that an article is very well written and captures complicated feelings counts as "asshole"
Reply
(10-04-2026, 08:35 PM)Jansen wrote: Good on hap because there was no fucking way I was going to quote all that shit

Hear, hear.

Mr. Worldwide Respect Knuckles Just win baby
Reply
(10-04-2026, 05:05 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161318683
This article got so many people fucking banned  Rejoice
Literally everyone who said it was a good article got banned for at least a month Rofl

Hap Shaughnessy already listed the new bans. But I thought it would be interesting to go through that thread and...

(10-04-2026, 08:35 PM)Jansen wrote: Good on hap because there was no fucking way I was going to quote all that shit

(10-04-2026, 09:02 PM)Orange Juice Box wrote: Hear, hear.

Mr. Worldwide Respect Knuckles Just win baby
 


Well I just spent the last 20 seconds screenshotting it all instead   Yup, that's Hitler

I wanted to see how many people got banned in total.

33 FUCKING BANS   lol

1: SanTheSly

[Image: mvgsHe9.png]

2: Redis

[Image: vNI11HK.png]

3: baiocty

[Image: oWW0eYv.png]

4: PZT

[Image: 4CS9ZNa.png]

5: micspam

[Image: TCp0IMI.png]

6: SillySailorMoon

[Image: F1qRB9w.png]

7: Pepsimaaan

[Image: 2OZgTXQ.png]

8: L Thammy

[Image: bW1DeTe.png]

9: immy

[Image: WbiyOzP.png]

10: luvmusl

[Image: F3GzfFe.png]

11: timdigger79

[Image: jnnS9O0.png]

12: MageBoySA

[Image: 0w8xAps.png]

13: Tobey Tugboat

[Image: DOJwlQk.png]

14: Lucael

[Image: FrdGxdt.png]

15: Lucebert

[Image: JvHfTHk.png]

16: bannedpianoman

[Image: T88fZZH.png]

BANS IN REACTION TO THE ARTICLE:

17: Brainfreeze

[Image: VJJaNsx.png]

18: icesage

[Image: ucEVogb.png]

19: GingerBearMan27

[Image: YCaZ8pB.png]

20: Curt Baboon

[Image: gkvzanM.png]

21: Mary Celeste

[Image: EhqtsHb.png]

22: Yerffej

[Image: suLFYVI.png]

23: ForwardUntoPizza

[Image: 8w3mCYM.png]

24: RecipeforDisaster

[Image: tPQEzQ7.png]

25: OneTrueJack

[Image: K2NIgcH.png]

26: DCCRincon

[Image: 3jNv7Zs.png]

27: Ravelle

[Image: r9DChVH.png]

28: Coyote Starrk

[Image: DwL90DJ.png]

29: gfv

[Image: t6ekuZf.png]

30: Lukar

[Image: 8058tIE.png]

31: Tygre

[Image: uIbDiBz.png]

32: Au Gratin

[Image: PzD7VdJ.png]

33: anoneraguy

[Image: vzdWxdu.png]

33.

FUCKING.

BANS.

And this is why you should never, ever be an ally to anyone on Era.

Because even agreeing with a well-written article will get your ass kicked to the kerb  FUCK THE
Reply
(10-04-2026, 07:33 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-24#post-161283037
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories, account in junior phase
MageBoySA wrote:
Icesage wrote:Absolutely, they had several different roads to reveal this info and chose one of the most irresponsible avenues
Honestly, the fact that they revealed it on Twitter and without the victims consent makes me really suspicious for their reasons for doing it. It almost seems like fuel for the right wing sphere to have more to point at right before the election in the US.

Though everyone else handled it properly. It's something that should have been disclosed to co-workers and is also something that should have shown up on a background check but likely didn't because the school hid it for years too.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161318683
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
phanboy4 wrote:https://epiloguegaming.com/what-do-we-do-with-jacob-geller/

Best treatment of the whole situation I've seen, I think.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161319496
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Brainfreeze wrote:
Boards of Canada wrote:I am not lying. I am reading the comments right now. Most of them are downvoted.
I can't speak to the reddit comments myself, but judging a subreddit by its most downvoted comments is like judging era by the posts of its banned users. Just seems odd to group everyone in with that (which you appear to be doing with the word "predominantly") when they, as a whole, clearly disapprove.

phanboy4 wrote:https://epiloguegaming.com/what-do-we-do-with-jacob-geller/

Best treatment of the whole situation I've seen, I think.
Jesus, that's beautiful writing. It wrestles with everything I've been talking about in this thread and then some, and handles it much better than I did. I'm going to save this. Extremely thoughtful and insightful, and a discussion I'm very interested in continuing with after we have some time from the revelation and some distance from this thread.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320075
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Icesage wrote:
Quote:Still, there is a peculiar trap in insisting that no subsequent evidence can ever count, morally speaking. If a person commits serious harm at twenty, accepts responsibility for it, experiences consequences, spends ten years attempting to become someone who will never inflict that harm again, and reaches thirty only to discover that nothing done during those intervening years possesses any moral weight whatsoever, then "rehabilitation" has become a word describing a process whose successful completion we have defined as ontologically impossible – asymptotic, even. The original act remains irreversible, as it should. But the moral identity of the person who committed it has also been declared irreversible, which is a much larger proposition and one I am not prepared to full-throatedly accept.
I especially liked this paragraph


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320324
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
GingerBearMan27 wrote:This article articulates everything I've been feeling about this situation beautifully and says so much more. So much to think about and really think everyone in this thread should read it.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320423
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Curt Baboon wrote:Incredible read.

Also that picture of Jacob and the rest of the MinnMax crew looking so happy legitimately breaks my heart.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (3 months): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault. Prior severe ban for dismissive commentary.
Mary Celeste wrote:Tremendous piece, thank you for sharing.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320633
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Yerffej wrote:Yeah, that was very well written.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
ForwardUntoPizza wrote:Some people just have it when it comes to writing, goddamn.

Excellently captured the feeling of being angry about both the assault and sudden revelation while also believing that people can be rehabilitated.

Thank you for sharing.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-30#post-161320483
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
RecipeforDisaster wrote:It's a good piece. If it's a tad more sympathetic than I feel, it's, I think, in service to bigger ideas than just this specific scenario.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321242
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
OneTrueJack wrote:Yeah, I think that just about reflects my own messy thoughts on the matter. Great article.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321365
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
DCCRincon wrote:
Robotoboy wrote:They literally dodge the entire reason people are angry. He does not deserve the fame and fortune he built from his work because he did it through deception. It's that simple. Had he been honest from the start, his plea of "guilt" and "working to make himself better" would not ring hollow.

I refuse to let people help him wriggle out from underneath that. This is not a time to philosophize our "society" it's a time to recognize how many people will try to minimize the reprucussions men face when they do this shit. You can argue against retributional punishment - whatever... but exile and protest from his public career is NOT that...
A more extreme (aggressive?) version of how I feel, but I get it.

RecipeforDisaster wrote:It's a good piece. If it's a tad more sympathetic than I feel, it's, I think, in service to bigger ideas than just this specific scenario.
Yea, I think this is a really good well written piece, but I also think it's too sympathetic, however the author is regularly reminding us that she's been a huge fan of his and it's tough for her. So I think the degree of sympathy she has is just a natural consequence of that. This news sucks and that article captures all the degrees in which it sucks, very well.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161321704
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Ravelle wrote:That was an amazing read, been struggling with the whole situation in my head and this put my thoughts in words in a way I never could.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161322793
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Coyote Starrk wrote:Fantastic piece.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-31#post-161325496
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
gfv wrote:
Robotoboy wrote:Nobody has said this. They have said they don't think he deserved the specific career path that granted him fame, power, and public platform.

Which is vastly different from "He shouldn't have any career"
Ok but the deserving part is about the output of his work. It has nothing to do with the offenses.

If he is allowed to have a career after the offense, there is a chance such career would be successful. Unless we permanently label him so people know who not to support and he wouldn't have a successful career. (But that later suggestion is even worse)

Edit: now reading the later comments I am noticing that people really would approve some kind of permanent labeling system for heinous offenses. Oof, that's scary and it goes against most studies on criminology.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326201
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Lukar wrote:This is really damn well-written. Thanks for sharing it.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326558
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Tygre wrote:What a phenomenal article.

Captures my thoughts on this whole messy situation very well, especially the sections regarding the cultural primacy of retributive justice and the annihilation of complex moral situations in favour of simplistic black and white thinking.
Quote:Obviously, an apology cannot un-assault somebody. But, in terms of accountability, if reversibility is the standard by which remorse becomes meaningful, then remorse can never be meaningful for serious wrongdoing precisely because serious wrongdoing is itself defined in part by its irreversibility. That is, the purpose of accountability cannot be to invent a time machine. Accountability must instead involve a complex tapestry of acknowledging harm, accepting consequences, changing behavior, reducing the possibility of future harm, and recognizing that the person harmed retains no obligation whatsoever to participate in your redemption.
Quote:A society that claims to believe people can change must construct some imaginable future for people who actually do. Otherwise, every incentive points in the opposite direction. Why admit wrongdoing if admission and denial ultimately produce the same permanent identity? Why undertake the humiliating work of confronting what you have done if nothing you become afterward can possess moral significance? Why should someone who has caused harm believe in rehabilitation when the rehabilitative society itself demonstrably does not?
I do not want to live in a society where condemnation is total, permanent and irreversible. I do not believe the death penalty can ever be just at least in part because of the permanence of such a sentence (I of course have many other problems with that moral abomination).

Rehabilitation is not something that must be assumed, or taken as given, but it must be possible.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-32#post-161326945
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
Au Gratin wrote:Thank you for sharing. This was a great read and sums up my messy feelings about it too.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-and-minnmax-host-jacob-geller-accused-of-sexual-assault-up-geller-confirms-accusations-no-longer-associated-with-minnmax.1647682/page-33#post-161341591

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissive commentary around sexual assault
anoneraguy wrote:Thanks for this. Can see some of my own behavior that i've been guilty of in some aspects that's being discussed here so gonna let in roll around in my head
Can you imagine if they implement a like and dislike button?  Everyone who liked that post would get ban  lol
[Image: eeb.png]
Reply
how many of them were trans women  Win
Reply
Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: fresh-prince-we.gif]
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Reply
(10-04-2026, 08:16 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
Quote:Visawife, noted theorist

That is class reductionism and I disagree with that approach. No one is equal until we are all equal. Equity over equality.
Then any concern is pointless because humans are inherently unequal.
Reply
(10-04-2026, 08:58 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Reminder that in the constructive thread he posted his guiding principle "Just don't be an asshole"

Apparently thinking that an article is very well written and captures complicated feelings counts as "asshole"
I mean, praising some article instead of undergoing the praxis necessary to bring about the development of a society where rape isn't possible is kind of an asshole move.
Reply


Forum Jump: